The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Nice, maybe yours is one of the ones photographed for the press releases, or from the official demo videos, or both.

Hi, do you have any informations about a Frost Silver Sky shipping to France? Thank you!

Hi, do you have any informations about a Frost Silver Sky shipping to France? Thank you!
I doubt anyone here can provide you with such specific info - this is a user/owner forum that occasionally actual PRS employees will jump into.

And...I suspect there is more than one Frost Silver Sky shipping to France. Since there were 375 built on release day ready to ship, I would guess 200 went to the US, the other 175 to the rest of the world, maybe 100 to Europe. So France is probably getting 20 or so, and therefore about 5 in Frost.

My wife and I sat down last night and watched the John Mayer Instagram "live" video (obviously not live, the one he posted to YouTube).

My wife has a new-found respect for Mr Mayer, found him to be very down to earth and relatable. I quite liked him in his early career, and I know he went a little off the rails when he hit it big and was involved in those very public relationships, but he seems to have found himself again.

I will again say that I will eventually get a Silver Sky - maybe next year, certainly whenever a maple fretboard becomes an option (I was very happy to hear JM mention maple boards and different color options being very likely in the future!).

Let me try again, as I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec or sarcastic or anything -- just am truly curious:
Are the 635 pickups made with wire off of the same machine from which comes the wire for the 58/15?

Hey Shawn thanks for this update!
I'm just curious about something:
I place an order with my dealer for one is amongst the 500 with hardcase but am told that they will only get it in July.
Does that mean that not all the 500 in hardcase will be the first guitars being shipped out to dealers?

Not a big deal, just wanted to know more, thanks!!

yours wont be here until July??

Let me try again, as I wasn't trying to be a smart-alec or sarcastic or anything -- just am truly curious:
Are the 635 pickups made with wire off of the same machine from which comes the wire for the 58/15?
i suspect there are maybe four people that know the answer to that: PRSh, JM, and the couple of folks that run the winders for the Silver Sky. Seems like something PRSh would want held closely for a while - probably just as much to see us squirm trying to figure it out as it would be for Proprietary Info reasons...

Ok, here's my take after spending an hour with a Silver Sky (along with our forum's alantig - nice to meet you by the way !). I was amazed at the feel of the neck, the sustain, the deep, rich tone of the pickups and the fact we could NOT get it to fret out, anywhere on the neck). Did I mention it sustained for days - "strats aren't supposed to do this" I told Alan. We played it through the little Tremonti head and a 1x12 Mesa Cab - the bridge pup just growl - not a hint of ice pick, the middle pup was unique and completely usable on it's own and the neck with the tone rolled back was smokey - but NEVER loosing clarity. The 2 and 4 positions were the Mayer and Robert Cray tones I dig. That neck/middle combo just NAILED Mayer, even without a big 6L6 reverb amp, the clarity of the strings was totally there. Fit and finish - it's a PRS, it was impeccable. My only hesitation was the fret wire, I felt I would probably have bought it in a heart beat if it had slightly higher frets (my main PRS is a DGT). I really struggled not to say "I'll take it". Perhaps a different finish on future Silver Skys at our local shop will change my mind or a better playing through a Mesa Lonestar like I have will convince me on the next visit.

Although Clay the PRS rep hinted at something that will be introduced at the Experience this summer that may be the total game changer to this guy who love's Mayer Super Eagle ; - )

Try the Silver Sky folks - it's a modern, re-imaged "hi-def" s-style.
wait, a core Super Eagle...? I'm selling everything

I am way too interested in that possibility to even allow myself to think it will be what happens. Because I would buy one immediately if true (unless priced closer to the original Super Eagle than a typical core, of course).

I am way too interested in that possibility to even allow myself to think it will be what happens. Because I would buy one immediately if true (unless priced closer to the original Super Eagle than a typical core, of course).
I might do some investigation work here....this will dictate whether I buy a 594 or not after my SS gets here

I doubt anyone here can provide you with such specific info - this is a user/owner forum that occasionally actual PRS employees will jump into.

And...I suspect there is more than one Frost Silver Sky shipping to France. Since there were 375 built on release day ready to ship, I would guess 200 went to the US, the other 175 to the rest of the world, maybe 100 to Europe. So France is probably getting 20 or so, and therefore about 5 in Frost.

Thank you very much for your answer! I was asking because I saw some people said that their silver sky won’t be delivered until September so I was scared haha can’t wait to receive mine and make I video :)

Thank you very much for your answer! I was asking because I saw some people said that their silver sky won’t be delivered until September so I was scared haha can’t wait to receive mine and make I video :)
Best thing to do is ask your dealer. It could arrive today, it could arrive next January. Depends on when you ordered with your dealer, and more importantly, when your dealer ordered from PRS (presumably PRS Europe).

Wasn’t meaning to be flippant! The thread has been full of similar comments and is the generally accepted vein of humour.

It may be protected information.

Ok, if I recall my conversation with the PRS rep, it was...

Me: "you know, us Mayer fans would love to see an affordable Super Eagle, I bet you'd sell a boat load of those, even without the fancy electronics and woods"
Rep: "Well, they are to announce a new guitar at the Experience this summer that should make that crowd happy"

He didn't say core, S2, SE, CE....just something to make us Dead & Company/Mayer fans "happy"..........:rolleyes::oops::eek:

Shhhh, wife has no idea.

I'll definitely keep everyone up to date, at this point my money is on the MT 15 coming first, then Silver Sky, and in a long distant third the Custom 24.
It’s ok “forum brother” we all keep things on the “down low”. All for one and one for all!!

I don't know if it's the same machine, but it's definitely at the factory in Maryland. I have no idea how many machines they utilize to wrap different pickups, or if it's all the same machine.

Back