The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

I still have that selfie pinned to the wall of my cubical!

Way cool.... Shawn, never got to thank you for ALL the work you and Matt King do. I am the SAS Solar Foil guy, that loves the Swamp Ash narrowfields models.

Is it true that John Mayer got turned on the a SAS with 3 narrowfields? I thought I saw a pic of a white one with him digging it?

Yeah! I’m poorer! :eek:

While I’ve had a good number of them over the years, it’s been a serial addiction.

I have 6, a lot fewer than many here, though I’ve tried to get models that are a bit off the beaten path. Four are PS (three electric, one acoustic), two are plain ol’ Core (594 humbucker and soapbar).

Lately I’ve been playing the 594s a ton, maybe because there’s a honeymoon factor at work. But they all see regular use. I’m as happy as a pig in slop with the whole group!
I had a McCarthy 2 soapbar Artist with a Rosewood neck. I know where it is as I traded it to a dealer. That said, I regret letting it go as well. I just only played it on a rare occasion, and as such, reinvested into another PRS.
It never ends!!!

Cool.
I really like that he did something simple himself.
So I guess I can finally tell this story in public.

A few years ago we received an email from a guy asking for Paul Smith's personal phone number. The email was picked up by Sean, on our customer service team. Sean asked me what we should do about the request? I said, we need to qualify the guy to make sure he is "Thee" John Mayer, not just some dude named John Mayer. So Sean wrote back politely asking the author of the email to confirm his identity and this is what we received in return. After that moment, I never wanted to hear another petty word about John Mayer. He happens to be extremely talented and famous, but he's an OK guy in my book.

View attachment 6209

Hi! I pre-ordered mine through Musician’s Friend about two days after they became available to pre-order. At the time they said mid-April as the likely time of shipment. Does anyone know if this is accurate? It hasn’t changed on their site or emails to me, but you never know if it’s current. Cheers!

Hi! I pre-ordered mine through Musician’s Friend about two days after they became available to pre-order. At the time they said mid-April as the likely time of shipment. Does anyone know if this is accurate? It hasn’t changed on their site or emails to me, but you never know if it’s current. Cheers!
Welcome to the forum Bret.
I doubt if anyone has a basis for offering a different time line. I hope you get it next month.

Welcome to the forum Bret.
I doubt if anyone has a basis for offering a different time line. I hope you get it next month.
Thanks! And thanks for the reply! I’m patient but figured it wouldn’t hurt to throw the question out there just in case anyone had heard otherwise!

I had a McCarthy 2 soapbar Artist with a Rosewood neck.!

I did, too, around 2005 or so (a McCarty Soapbar Artist, original model). It was a NAMM guitar, in Violin Amber Burst. Sounded great, and was gorgeous. I used it on quite a few ad campaign tracks.

Like so many bonehead decisions I’ve made re: guitars, I sold it after a few years to pursue GAS for some other thing. My realization that I had to be nuts to sell it made me jump on the 594 Soapbar when they announced it.

I love it as much as my Private Stocks. So, so glad I got one!

A few years ago we received an email from a guy asking for Paul Smith's personal phone number. The email was picked up by Sean, on our customer service team. Sean asked me what we should do about the request? I said, we need to qualify the guy to make sure he is "Thee" John Mayer, not just some dude named John Mayer. So Sean wrote back politely asking the author of the email to confirm his identity and this is what we received in return. After that moment, I never wanted to hear another petty word about John Mayer. He happens to be extremely talented and famous, but he's an OK guy in my book.

View attachment 6209

Great story!

When Craig Ferguson left The Late Late Show, John hosted a few shows in the interim before James Corden started. He showed a wonderfully self-deprecating sense of humor.

View attachment 6209
As a guy named Dave Matthews, I can honestly say I got the same treatment.
Disappointing result for PRS, but yeah...:D:p

View attachment 6209

This is way cool! Thanks for sharing and keep these coming, please.

New to the forum, not to PRS... Came here looking for exactly this thread and while I sifted through it a bit trying to find any updates... there is a LOT of content in here.

Does anyone know (for those of us that placed orders on the first day they were available) what the general delivery time frame is looking like? My dealer told me that they were pushed back until May, and that just seems crazy considering the original planned ship date of the 20th. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion. I'm sure there are a ton of orders, but for day 1's I would have expected a sooner delivery than May. My band is going into the studio this weekend to wrap up all the instrument tracks for our album and I was really hoping to get the SS onto the tape :(

Thanks in advance for any info folks.

Great anecdote Shawn, good to know that JM made the first move. Shows that John had in his mind what he wanted to do, regarding move from his then present instrument provider.

New to the forum, not to PRS... Came here looking for exactly this thread and while I sifted through it a bit trying to find any updates... there is a LOT of content in here.

Does anyone know (for those of us that placed orders on the first day they were available) what the general delivery time frame is looking like? My dealer told me that they were pushed back until May, and that just seems crazy considering the original planned ship date of the 20th. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion. I'm sure there are a ton of orders, but for day 1's I would have expected a sooner delivery than May. My band is going into the studio this weekend to wrap up all the instrument tracks for our album and I was really hoping to get the SS onto the tape :(

Thanks in advance for any info folks.

Shawn said earlier that they got swamped with orders - 1500 deal preorders, and another 1500 after the guitar was announced.

Waiting is no problem @Shawn@PRS with the quality product you guys put out. It is worth the wait and more. I am #3 on my dealer's (Moore Guitars) list (ordered the day they were released) so hopefully soon, but I am in no hurry as I know the finished product will be awesome!

From a European dealer selling a Frost with hardcase:

I have just called our PRS representative. He confirmed to me that there is no difference between our Silver Sky and the ones that will be delivered with a gigbag.
There is no separate certificate that states that it is within the first 500, but there is a card that´s included, that has the serial number and production date on it. This should be a proof, in case you might need one in the future.
I have attached a photo of the included card The ones with gig bag will be coming in in about 4 weeks and we can pre order one for you if you'd like. Please tell us if you'd like that and please specify the colour you prefer.

By the way, of this white version in case that we have only 4 were delivered in total for Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and UK together. So this is a rare opportunity to get one with case.

Thank you!

1q9RX15l.jpg

25 Jan 2018! That was when it was completed!
0gTFw

Back