The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by [email protected], Mar 5, 2018.

1. Bluesverb

Bluesverb Currently in a long term relationship with myself!

Way cool.... Shawn, never got to thank you for ALL the work you and Matt King do. I am the SAS Solar Foil guy, that loves the Swamp Ash narrowfields models.

Is it true that John Mayer got turned on the a SAS with 3 narrowfields? I thought I saw a pic of a white one with him digging it?

2. Bluesverb

Bluesverb Currently in a long term relationship with myself!

I had a McCarthy 2 soapbar Artist with a Rosewood neck. I know where it is as I traded it to a dealer. That said, I regret letting it go as well. I just only played it on a rare occasion, and as such, reinvested into another PRS.
    It never ends!!!

LSchefman likes this.
  3. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Cool.
    I really like that he did something simple himself.

[email protected] likes this.
  4. justmund

justmund Plank Spanker

I like to watch you work :p

5. Mikegarveyblues

Mikegarveyblues Cream Crackered

Hope you where careful where you put the pin! :eek:

6. Bret Trammell

Bret Trammell New Member

Hi! I pre-ordered mine through Musician’s Friend about two days after they became available to pre-order. At the time they said mid-April as the likely time of shipment. Does anyone know if this is accurate? It hasn’t changed on their site or emails to me, but you never know if it’s current. Cheers!

dogrocketp likes this.
  7. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Welcome to the forum Bret.
    I doubt if anyone has a basis for offering a different time line. I hope you get it next month.

8. Bret Trammell

Bret Trammell New Member

Thanks! And thanks for the reply! I’m patient but figured it wouldn’t hurt to throw the question out there just in case anyone had heard otherwise!

9. Gvhbngh

Gvhbngh New Member

10. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

I did, too, around 2005 or so (a McCarty Soapbar Artist, original model). It was a NAMM guitar, in Violin Amber Burst. Sounded great, and was gorgeous. I used it on quite a few ad campaign tracks.

Like so many bonehead decisions I’ve made re: guitars, I sold it after a few years to pursue GAS for some other thing. My realization that I had to be nuts to sell it made me jump on the 594 Soapbar when they announced it.

I love it as much as my Private Stocks. So, so glad I got one!

11. alantig

alantig SSBMA

Great story!

When Craig Ferguson left The Late Late Show, John hosted a few shows in the interim before James Corden started. He showed a wonderfully self-deprecating sense of humor.

12. dmatthews

dmatthews Dave's not here...

As a guy named Dave Matthews, I can honestly say I got the same treatment.
    Disappointing result for PRS, but yeah...:D:p

13. evanjlim

evanjlim New Member

This is way cool! Thanks for sharing and keep these coming, please.

14. AdamC193X

AdamC193X New Member

New to the forum, not to PRS... Came here looking for exactly this thread and while I sifted through it a bit trying to find any updates... there is a LOT of content in here.

Does anyone know (for those of us that placed orders on the first day they were available) what the general delivery time frame is looking like? My dealer told me that they were pushed back until May, and that just seems crazy considering the original planned ship date of the 20th. I guess I'm just looking for a second opinion. I'm sure there are a ton of orders, but for day 1's I would have expected a sooner delivery than May. My band is going into the studio this weekend to wrap up all the instrument tracks for our album and I was really hoping to get the SS onto the tape :(

Thanks in advance for any info folks.

15. Alnus Rubra

Alnus Rubra Loving nature’s wonders

Great anecdote Shawn, good to know that JM made the first move. Shows that John had in his mind what he wanted to do, regarding move from his then present instrument provider.

16. alantig

alantig SSBMA

Shawn said earlier that they got swamped with orders - 1500 deal preorders, and another 1500 after the guitar was announced.

17. deakle

deakle New Member

Waiting is no problem @[email protected] with the quality product you guys put out. It is worth the wait and more. I am #3 on my dealer's (Moore Guitars) list (ordered the day they were released) so hopefully soon, but I am in no hurry as I know the finished product will be awesome!

18. Shawn@PRS

Staff Member Moderator

Thanks for your patience, you won't be disappointed!

dogrocketp and dmatthews like this.
  19. Ruxster

Ruxster New Member

I have a Silver Sky, MT 15, and Custom 24 all on order. At this point I feel like I should take bets on which order I get them in!

JonW, LSchefman, g.wizz and 1 other person like this.
  20. evanjlim

evanjlim New Member

From a European dealer selling a Frost with hardcase:

I have just called our PRS representative. He confirmed to me that there is no difference between our Silver Sky and the ones that will be delivered with a gigbag.
    There is no separate certificate that states that it is within the first 500, but there is a card that´s included, that has the serial number and production date on it. This should be a proof, in case you might need one in the future.
    I have attached a photo of the included card The ones with gig bag will be coming in in about 4 weeks and we can pre order one for you if you'd like. Please tell us if you'd like that and please specify the colour you prefer.

By the way, of this white version in case that we have only 4 were delivered in total for Netherlands, Belgium, Luxembourg and UK together. So this is a rare opportunity to get one with case.

Thank you!

[​IMG]

25 Jan 2018! That was when it was completed!
    [​IMG]

dogrocketp, JonW, LSchefman and 4 others like this.