The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Knew this was coming. Does anyone know how "rare" this thing even is yet? Do we know that all 500 are already spoken for and sold?

Hard to say but I assume most are spoken for. Isn't the only rare part the case anyway?

Hard to say but I assume most are spoken for. Isn't the only rare part the case anyway?

Not even the case, just the plaque on the case.

Yeah I have no idea on how many have been ordered, seems like even PRS isn't saying. My dealer (largest one in Canada) put in an order for a few and I happened to get one in my name, but even they have no idea whats coming as far as the cases go.

Ok, I took mine back to the store. I could not get use to the small frets. Just a preference thing. Wonderful guitar though!
Bet it was sold seconds after you returned it. They probably had others waiting in line. Sorry it didn't work out for you.

Well, I’m #1 on the list for a tungsten. Some lucky sucker had his Onyx come in today. Mine is still missing and who knows when it will come in. I would be a liar if I said I wasn’t disappointed that dealers didn’t have their allotments on March 20, like announced. Could be tomorrow, could be 6 months (my words, not my dealers). This experience reminds me why I don’t preorder anything. Ever. I’m trying to overcome my impatience with sharing the jubilance for those that have received theirs.

Well, I’m #1 on the list for a tungsten. Some lucky sucker had his Onyx come in today. Mine is still missing and who knows when it will come in. I would be a liar if I said I wasn’t disappointed that dealers didn’t have their allotments on March 20, like announced. Could be tomorrow, could be 6 months (my words, not my dealers). This experience reminds me why I don’t preorder anything. Ever. I’m trying to overcome my impatience with sharing the jubilance for those that have received theirs.

@rmg471 Hang on budy! I understand your frustration on waiting this amazing axe! I have been told that they have a huge snow storm there so shipment to dealers could be delayed

I'm with ya! Anxious to get mine but, I am firmly in the "all good things come to those who wait" camp.

I'm really looking forward to trying, and buying, a Silver Sky. The only reason I see it not happening is if I can't bond with the radius or the frets - I have to admit, I do like big frets the most, but I'm also usually pretty happy with most anything in terms of feel. The chances of not getting along with it for me are slim. I'm going in to this Silver Sky thing planning on liking it.

Back