The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

...and on to the next ridiculous question.

This one is more of an opinion - but I am torn between being conservative or loud!

Regarding a strap to go with the Midnight Rose / Maple - is there a color y'al think looks best?

I'm an older fart...so I suppose being conservative is more "my speed"

But I'm curious about any other opinions, etc.

Thanks!!

-Scott

...and on to the next ridiculous question.

This one is more of an opinion - but I am torn between being conservative or loud!

Regarding a strap to go with the Midnight Rose / Maple - is there a color y'al think looks best?

I'm an older fart...so I suppose being conservative is more "my speed"

But I'm curious about any other opinions, etc.

Thanks!!

-Scott
This

or this

This

or this

Dood! Those are too cool!!!
thanks for the input

-Scott

Has anyone tried Stainless Steel frets on a Silver Sky? I just did exactly that in my core 2018 Tungsten and wow (Jescar 55090), it transformed the guitar (maintained the 7.25 radius). It has always sounded great but those bad boys open some frequencies the stock configuration was hiding, plus the fact that is plays smooth as heck. It has more highs (as expected), more bass and less of that nasally high pitched mids it had stock. I'm a heavy handed guy and in 4 years of owning it, I have done a re-crowning 1.5 years ago already. After a while, I started feeling it was really hard to play and found it sounded a bit contained, not open, specially compared to my 2022 maple Golden Mesa SS. Pulled the trigger and can't be more pleased with the results. Totally recommend it when re-fret time comes in. Props to my tech that did a stellar work!

IMG_1704 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

IMG_1710 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

IMG_1711 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

Has anyone tried Stainless Steel frets on a Silver Sky? I just did exactly that in my core 2018 Tungsten and wow (Jescar 55090), it transformed the guitar (maintained the 7.25 radius). It has always sounded great but those bad boys open some frequencies the stock configuration was hiding, plus the fact that is plays smooth as heck. It has more highs (as expected), more bass and less of that nasally high pitched mids it had stock. I'm a heavy handed guy and in 4 years of owning it, I have done a re-crowning 1.5 years ago already. After a while, I started feeling it was really hard to play and found it sounded a bit contained, not open, specially compared to my 2022 maple Golden Mesa SS. Pulled the trigger and can't be more pleased with the results. Totally recommend it when re-fret time comes in. Props to my tech that did a stellar work!

IMG_1704 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

IMG_1710 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

IMG_1711 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr
MA Pete had this done to his Silver Sky. That was 2+ years ago. He really liked how it turned out. He hasn't been around here for a long time.

Something weird you see here? Yeah, unfortunately I’ve got the loto with a SS twisted neck… already contacted PRS. I’m hoping they can assist outside the US. It is definitely causing the playing experience to be uncomfortable and the set up compromises I have to do are just crazy. On top on this, there is a bump in the fret board between fret 12 and 15 which is making things just awful. Have already a 18’ SS with no issues at all to report (the one recently posted with stainless steel frets).

IMG_1782 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr

IMG_1783 by Allan Jimenez, on Flickr
That’s horrific. I always hear about twisted bolt on necks but never seen one so obvious.

Back