The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

PSA: I had to give up my Lunar Ice preorder from Martin Music, so Eric now has one available if anyone is still looking.
Wow. I imagine a lesser man would have bought and sold it, making $2k for a few minutes work. Well done for not being a scalper.

Wow. I imagine a lesser man would have bought and sold it, making $2k for a few minutes work. Well done for not being a scalper.

Thank you, scalpers and resellers are the reason I can never seem to find Star Wars or Marvel toys for my son, haha, I feel like I’d be a hypocrite if I bought the guitar just to flip it.

So I saw this video today ? Bigger frets on the 2021 ? I know there was a neck tweak ( which I am not sure about , tho I still want a Maple I think )
The thing that worries me is the possible pickup change ??? say it ain't so ( at lease for me )

So I saw this video today ? Bigger frets on the 2021 ? I know there was a neck tweak ( which I am not sure about , tho I still want a Maple I think )
The thing that worries me is the possible pickup change ??? say it ain't so ( at lease for me )

That's great! Want one so bad...

I think that vid makes me happy with my 2018.
I'm good with the slightly hotter pups, and I'm used to the frets.
Would I like to try a maple board? YUP!

I’m excited to have this one on the way.

171514568.jpg

Cha Cha Changes

This instead.

171523658.jpg

Last edited:

I’d be a bit surprised if the pickups and frets of the Silver Sky were to be changed as they seem to have been chosen/developed so specifically. Either way - very happy with mine and will be interested to read more on this. Take care.

I saw the TGP thread also. Are we talking changes since the first year run, or like changes from 2020 (nitro), or more still in 2021? I have an October 2020 model and the frets don't seem tiny or gigantic, but seem perfect for the guitar. Curious where mine fits in this mix and if the report is accurate or not.

I saw the TGP thread also. Are we talking changes since the first year run, or like changes from 2020 (nitro), or more still in 2021? I have an October 2020 model and the frets don't seem tiny or gigantic, but seem perfect for the guitar. Curious where mine fits in this mix and if the report is accurate or not.
Same here - I got one built early in Jan ‘21. Of course, I have nothing to compare it with and in any event, like it a lot! Whatever the frets are, they float my boat! And I’ve been especially liking position 4 recently.

Back