The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Looks like the Lunar Ice LEs are already shipping.

Video from Bay Tunes Guitars: https://www.instagram.com/p/CKUO6Uyn370/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

Photo of the finish in sunlight:

qjpzwdhxitjkkjzhfbrp.jpg

I just read an article that Reverb pulled all SS Lunar listings as people had listings with stock photos and inflated prices , which is a big nono if you're not an Authorised PRS dealer. They "sell" the listing then buy the actual guitar and ship it...or not!

Mark Vex said he will never do another limited edition run because people bought the limited edition to flip it for cash instead of love for a new peice of equipment.

Anyway, sweet guitar man!

Last edited:
I just read an article that Reverb pulled all SS Lunar listings as people had listings with stock photos and inflated prices , which is a big nono if you're not an Authorised PRS dealer. They "sell" the listing then buy the actual guitar and ship it...or not!

Actually, Trogly stated on his YouTube channel that he was who was flagging all of the flipper listings on Reverb, so it wasn't Reverb or PRS that was actively going after the listings at first. His reason for it was as you said though. Only dealers are allowed to list using stock photos, so he was concerned that some of the listings might be scams.

EDIT: I now see that the Trogly vid was posted here last night.

Purchased my Orion Green SS last week and it's awesome. Look, feel, tone great. However: I constantly play thru my Helix HX Effects. I play my PRS, my Suhr and my Clapton Strat and they all sound great thru patches I created. Humbuckers on all except Strat noiseless single coils. Of my 20 patches or so, only about 3 work with my Silver Sky. Sounds really bad so would need to create patches I guess just for SS. The SS output is 6.4 and the Noiseless strat are alnico 2 9.8 output. Any suggestions other than creating all new patches just for my SS? Thanks for your help.

Purchased my Orion Green SS last week and it's awesome. Look, feel, tone great. However: I constantly play thru my Helix HX Effects. I play my PRS, my Suhr and my Clapton Strat and they all sound great thru patches I created. Humbuckers on all except Strat noiseless single coils. Of my 20 patches or so, only about 3 work with my Silver Sky. Sounds really bad so would need to create patches I guess just for SS. The SS output is 6.4 and the Noiseless strat are alnico 2 9.8 output. Any suggestions other than creating all new patches just for my SS? Thanks for your help.

The easy answer would be add a gain block to the first block of your presets that you can toggle on/off depending on which guitar you're using.

I have separate patches in my Helix LT for my Silver Sky vs my fender. I do also use them for different purposes. My experience with fender noiseless (I have a HSS ultra Strat) is that they are pretty neutral, which is why they probably make sense in the Clapton with the unique tone and mid controls it has. Silver Sky pups are more vintage sounding, with a slight bump in mids. I don’t think it’s too out or the ordinary for them to sound different on the same settings.

I set patches up with 95% Humbucker guitars because that’s what I normally play.
I do love my Clapton Strat so was pleasantly surprised how good it sounded. Can grab any guitar. But man when I plugged in my new SS I was bummed and surprised at how awful it sounded. I’m sure it would sound awesome with pedals but I don’t use pedals.
I’ll keep trying. Thanks for your help.
Appreciate it.

Back