The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Trying to decide if I need this new version...I'm a rosewood person.
I was on the FOMO wagon when I saw this, having missed the Nebula release, then a fit of common sense overwhelmed me, as I was reminded I had a perfectly good SS already. For me, it’s best to save for other things on the music want list. Beautiful guitar, though!

I was on the FOMO wagon when I saw this, having missed the Nebula release, then a fit of common sense overwhelmed me, as I was reminded I had a perfectly good SS already. For me, it’s best to save for other things on the music want list. Beautiful guitar, though!

My wife saw me checking out the Lunar Ice and was telling her about the release. Hours later, she asked in a serious way if I’m planning on getting it ....

Just got my Polar Blue SS last month and she was kinda worried I’d buy another one so quickly. We’ve got a baby on the way and there’s no way I can justify buying another SS at this time :p

My wife saw me checking out the Lunar Ice and was telling her about the release. Hours later, she asked in a serious way if I’m planning on getting it ....

Just got my Polar Blue SS last month and she was kinda worried I’d buy another one so quickly. We’ve got a baby on the way and there’s no way I can justify buying another SS at this time :p

That’s one of the reasons why I don’t have kids.

Trying to decide if I need this new version...I'm a rosewood person.

Mike, You're not allowed to use the word "need" here. That will get you censored. ;)

See “justify” is just a fancy “need”!!;)

It is in the 2021 price list catalog on the customer support link on this webpage. I don't know if the PRS site is still jacked up, they made a mistake, or the color is not being introduced till later in the year. I assumed the site would be updated by now. I see though it has not. The Moc Sand gloss is not listed.

As per the catalog: FINISHES (Toned nitro finish on necks), Dodgem Blue, Frost, Golden Mesa, Midnight Rose, Moc Sand Satin, Orion Green, Polar Blue, Tungsten

The moc sand in satin finish is available for pre-order with both fretboard options via Brian’s Guitars. Looks great!

Got myself a PRS Silver Sky hard case. Took about 3 weeks to reach me because I’m in Asia (had to get it delivered to a proxy address in the US before sending it to where I am).

JJPul0P_d.webp

eQWvC88

All I know, is that I found a new Charcoal Frost Metallic Mayer Strat for sale in Leesburg, VA when they came out.

Bought it - loved it and FLIPPED that thang so hard.

So hard.

In retrospect, it was literally the best Strat I've ever played.

Dude knows how to spec out a guitar.

Wish I'd kept it.

Since you made a nice profit there, you could probably pay for the crazy prices of the Nebula or Lunar Ice, unless you already used it for something else..

Back