The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Suddenly it’s clear why Sergio bailed.
Shirley he’s not jealous of my Hello Kitty endorsement! How dare you suggest such a thing.

Heck, I’ve been trying to get rid of them for 13 years and I can’t see to shake them! I even told them “red and pink clash!.” But, my hair turned gray and they said it was a sign from God that we were meant to be together. Obviously, I had been hoping to hear this from Julie... and now you know why I’m so sad to see Sergio go. I mean, if Julie had come on board, I probably wouldn’t mind so much...

[New to the forum here].

I pulled the trigger on a Polar Blue with Rosewood neck last night. It was really tough choosing a colour / neck type especially with how the colour comes off in different photos and lighting.

Had to order mine from US (I’m from the Far East) because my local dealer doesn’t have the one I want and it’s take up to 9 months to get them in.

It arrived today! - here's a link to the photo (can't seem to get the embed working) https://imgur.com/a/EvzTGk9

First thoughts, feels great in hand and quality wise except for some grains as shown in post #3627 on pg 182: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-silver-sky-thread.29556/page-182

Will plug it in and give it a bit of playthrough before I share my thoughts on the guitar.

Mohd’s inline - bonus cat.
v5QuqWz_d.jpg

It arrived today! - here's a link to the photo (can't seem to get the embed working) https://imgur.com/a/EvzTGk9

First thoughts, feels great in hand and quality wise except for some grains as shown in post #3627 on pg 182: https://forums.prsguitars.com/threads/the-official-silver-sky-thread.29556/page-182

Will plug it in and give it a bit of playthrough before I share my thoughts on the guitar.

Update after spending more time with the Silver Sky -

Brought my guitar to my usual luthier who set it to a really low action that I’m used to on my other Strat guitar (Fender Player Series) which is a 9.5” radius. I think the luthier did a really good job and it’s so much more comfortable for me right now. Had the frets levelled, crowned and polished in order to achieve the low action on a 7.25” radius. However he did say this guitar is miles better ‘out of the factory’ than the other guitars he’s set up for me.

Now guitar set up aside, the neck is so comfortable. A bit chunkier than a modern Fender strat but its shape is really comfortable nonetheless for me to have my thumb over the low E string. I like the 7.25” fretboard as the barre cords are a lot easier to play so it hasn’t bothered me at all although a new experience for me. The pickups sound really really really good (especially with my Princeton Reverb) and easily gets me closer to the John Mayer tones.

I love everything about this guitar and just put in two hours straight of practice. I’m a fairly novice player so I can’t compare it wth other high end Strat-type which I haven’t tried but this guitar has exceeded all my expectations given that I was hesitant about spending so much for a guitar online without trying it and given my current (limited) guitar skills.

Looking forward to more time with the guitar tomorrow as I’m currently on vacation till the new year! Thanks for reading!

Hey everyone, I just joined and got a SS last week.

Dumb question - why are there three different sized Allen wrenches in the bag? The small one is to raise or lower the saddles and trem arm slot but I don't see what the other two wrenches are for unless maybe under the pickguard? I already restrung it, so don't want to take it apart now.

L3tKL4a.jpg

Beautiful guitar, that’s such a nice color and I haven’t seen too many out in the wild.
For the three wrenches, it could just be the standard set PRS includes with all of their guitars, but my guess would be:
Saddle height adjustment
Set screw tension for the whammy bar
And truss rod adjustment

Thanks. Maybe. The truss rod adjuster is a separate tool with screwdriver I didn't count, that would be a fourth tool.

For the three wrenches, it could just be the standard set PRS includes with all of their guitars, but my guess would be:
Saddle height adjustment
Set screw tension for the whammy bar
And truss rod adjustment

Dumb question - why are there three different sized Allen wrenches in the bag? The small one is to raise or lower the saddles and trem arm slot but I don't see what the other two wrenches are for unless maybe under the pickguard? I already restrung it, so don't want to take it apart now.

L3tKL4a.jpg

Looks amazing, congrats on your purchase. I’ve seen a lot of Midnight Rose with a maple fretboard but not many with a rosewood fretboard.

L3tKL4a.jpg
Dig that color!

Congrats on the SS, and agreed on the Champ limitations.

Weird question though: What were you playing the SuperLead through? I'm surprised you couldn't find a cab that worked w/it that you dug?
My Marshall super lead is running though a 70's Marshall 4x4 cab with the green backs.. I don't really enjoy the sound/feel of the SS played through it. I mainly use this amp as a retro EVH setup playing a replica Frankenstrat guitar..

Back