The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

To be honest. it's just a color. It's like folks losing their minds over limited edition colors on pedals.

Yes I agree, I have seen them listed double and triple the price on ebay, but I doubt anyone is paying those prices..
Like I mentioned, I was already in the market for one of these guitars and was originally trying to buy the Tungsten color.
I just got excited when I thought I had the Nebula model, and I do like the color.

Except it’s an expensive paint. I’ve been told PRS isn’t going to offer more production nebulas than this limited run because of the expense.

Gotcha. I'm sure that factor does drive the price. My point was simply if you're not absolutely hung up on having the nebula finish, save yourself the time, money and grief and grab one in another finish. They're all great colors.

Gotcha. I'm sure that factor does drive the price. My point was simply if you're not absolutely hung up on having the nebula finish, save yourself the time, money and grief and grab one in another finish. They're all great colors.

Yeah, but with nebula, if you don’t like the color one day, just flip it around, and play it left-handed. :p

Even regular SS are tough to find at times. It’s true Nebula is just a color, I like the tungsten with rosewood board the best, which is what I bought. I got lucky as a brand new one was for sale at a local music store.
Nebula is definitely cool though, gonna have work hard for that one to get it. For me however, the feel and sound of a guitar is more important.

I bought a Nebula online this morning and the guitar store cancelled/refunded my order!
This was very frustrating. I am in the market for a SS, as posted here a few days ago.
Last week I ordered a demo 2020 Tungsten from Sweetwater, and somehow during
the processing of my order, another sales rep sold my guitar to someone else.. I lost it..
So I have been combing though reverb, ebay and all the stores looking for another deal.
This morning on Reverb, Eddie's Guitars had a Nebula for $2599, and the listing said they had
3 and they were selling fast. I put it in my cart, and thought maybe I should go to their website and
buy it there.. Sure enough, there was 1 ! I got it in my cart, created an account, paid for it through Paypal..
I transferred my money from my bank to cover it just to make sure.. But a few hours later, after getting a few
confirmation emails with receipt/ invoice numbers.. Was a cancelation email. They said first someone else bought
it on Reverb..Then I get it was a guitar someone put on hold, but didn't pay yet, and I could get it if they backed out..
then, I get It was paid for, and the owner is putting it on consignment for 5K, I could rebuy it today for 5K.
Man I felt put together, I was super excited straight to wow what happened.
No Nebula for me today...
That sucks. It's also weird because I thought all 500 had been spoken for already. Meaning the dealers had enough pre-orders to sell them all. Maybe someone changed their mind. Still, happy hunting!

Don't mean to post this in poor taste, given the story above, but I picked up my Nebula today! It is absolutely stunning in person. Unfortunately, my guitar hanger is in an area without a lot of natural light, so I don't get to see all the colours in it's resting spot. Maybe I'll have to buy a spotlight for it!

Played it a bit - sounds great. Though I think this one will likely hang on the wall more than anything... just too pretty to use!

Not sure I'm allowed to post images, so here's the link!

https://imgur.com/a/ggfanfF
kMx0pr9

Don't mean to post this in poor taste, given the story above, but I picked up my Nebula today! It is absolutely stunning in person. Unfortunately, my guitar hanger is in an area without a lot of natural light, so I don't get to see all the colours in it's resting spot. Maybe I'll have to buy a spotlight for it!

Played it a bit - sounds great. Though I think this one will likely hang on the wall more than anything... just too pretty to use!

Not sure I'm allowed to post images, so here's the link!

https://imgur.com/a/ggfanfF
kMx0pr9
Congrats, I'd put that beauty on a slowly rotating disc under a spotlight and enjoy it's chameleon like effect all the time.

It's here...! :D

My first glimpse on opening the bag was sky blue, which was a surprise. This color is amazing: the deep blues and purples we've all seen, some bright green flash, gold, orange, and even a nasty snotty bile green if you look across the body at a low angle. My wife calls it the "Autopia guitar," and yup, it's got pretty much all those colors.

In terms of playability and sustain/resonance across all the strings, this has got my genuine "F" guitar cowering in the corner. The 635JM pickups sounded pretty, well, dainty to me compared to the Fralin Blues Specials I'm used to. After eyeballing those for a moment or two, I raised the PRS pickups one full turn of the screwdriver. Much better! That gave it some of the asthmatic growl and punch it had been missing. I really like the way this guitar responds when played hard and loud. :cool:

Also, this glossy flashy paint is a lint magnet! But enough with the words already...

n1.png

n2.png

n3.png

n4.png

n5.png

Incredible photos Herr Squid, thank you for sharing!

Still waiting on mine from my dealer, hoping it arrives soon.

It's here...! :D

My first glimpse on opening the bag was sky blue, which was a surprise. This color is amazing: the deep blues and purples we've all seen, some bright green flash, gold, orange, and even a nasty snotty bile green if you look across the body at a low angle. My wife calls it the "Autopia guitar," and yup, it's got pretty much all those colors.

In terms of playability and sustain/resonance across all the strings, this has got my genuine "F" guitar cowering in the corner. The 635JM pickups sounded pretty, well, dainty to me compared to the Fralin Blues Specials I'm used to. After eyeballing those for a moment or two, I raised the PRS pickups one full turn of the screwdriver. Much better! That gave it some of the asthmatic growl and punch it had been missing. I really like the way this guitar responds when played hard and loud. :cool:

Also, this glossy flashy paint is a lint magnet! But enough with the words already...

n1.png

n2.png

n3.png

n4.png

n5.png
HOLY SCHNIKES :cool::cool::cool::cool::cool:
Congrats

Congratulations! It is great to see them getting into people's hands. That looks incredible!
Mine is on order as well. I am very excited for the day I get the shipping notification.

Back