The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

New here.. Thought I would share something I caught earlier while on zzounds. There are at least 2 new silver sky colors coming in the near future, Midnight Rose and Polar Blue. Unfortunately there weren't any pictures of either color, just came up as color options with an availability of January 7th. Thinking these might be the new maple neck versions he was playing on "New Light" during the last tour .
Hmm, I did a Google search for those colors, and found an image of two Silver Skys (Skies?) with maple boards, in new colors that could easily be what you list.

The photo-link itself takes you to a story on a German website about the S2 McCartys, so I am guessing it is a page that went up and got taken down really fast...

I would post a link, but I suspect the mods would frown upon that.

EDIT: Just found a link to an actual retailer listing them, with photos. Niiiice.

Last edited:
Hmm, I did a Google search for those colors, and found an image of two Silver Skys (Skies?) with maple boards, in new colors that could easily be what you list.

The photo-link itself takes you to a story on a German website about the S2 McCartys, so I am guessing it is a page that went up and got taken down really fast...

I would post a link, but I suspect the mods would frown upon that.

EDIT: Just found a link to an actual retailer listing them, with photos. Niiiice.

I need to get better at searching ;(

You guys are funny. Here are the two new colors from a quick google. Love the Midnight Rose but wish it had a rosewood board to be honest. Regardless excited to get new colors and maple boards for those who prefer!
I would be surprised if PRS didn't offer all colors in both fretboard types. I think we're just seeing a few somewhat random offerings as retailers get their websites ready to publish when authorized but accidentally publishing one or two subpages, or not even realizing they shouldn't be "breaking the embargo" yet.

I would be surprised if PRS didn't offer all colors in both fretboard types. I think we're just seeing a few somewhat random offerings as retailers get their websites ready to publish when authorized but accidentally publishing one or two subpages, or not even realizing they shouldn't be "breaking the embargo" yet.

We won't have to wait much longer to find out the specifics. My Strat style guitars need a maple board so I'm really looking forward to seeing what's going to be available. I was complete indifferent on the Silver Sky when it came out because I didn't see the point. Since then I've played a number of them and came around most of the way. Maple will get me to make a purchase.

Last edited:
would have already bought a Silver Sky but the fretboard radius was a bit tight for me. Great guitars though.

I would trade a neck off one of my SS to have a maple one and a rosewood one :)

You guys are funny. Here are the two new colors from a quick google. Love the Midnight Rose but wish it had a rosewood board to be honest. Regardless excited to get new colors and maple boards for those who prefer!

p_69cebdad-e805-4d45-b549-9f63744ff79b_320x800.jpg

p_43a30577-9dd6-470e-b051-2144351b6f9b_320x800.jpg

So. Much. Want.

p_69cebdad-e805-4d45-b549-9f63744ff79b_320x800.jpg

Midnight rose with Maple fret board should 1st my choice when available...but too late...I have Horizon RW ...

You would go dark days before NAMM :mad::(
Of course! I'm pretty sure the PRS team, including Shawn, are either too busy heading to the show or covering for people that are going.

Also, if the rumors of maple FB and new colors are true, then saying anything will cause trouble. So best stay silent. Whenever this really hits, we'll all have too much to talk about!

Back