The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

New here.. Thought I would share something I caught earlier while on zzounds. There are at least 2 new silver sky colors coming in the near future, Midnight Rose and Polar Blue. Unfortunately there weren't any pictures of either color, just came up as color options with an availability of January 7th. Thinking these might be the new maple neck versions he was playing on "New Light" during the last tour .

New here.. Thought I would share something I caught earlier while on zzounds. There are at least 2 new silver sky colors coming in the near future, Midnight Rose and Polar Blue. Unfortunately there weren't any pictures of either color, just came up as color options with an availability of January 7th. Thinking these might be the new maple neck versions he was playing on "New Light" during the last tour .
Interesting... that would explain the pinkish hue of the SS JM was playing a while back.

I'm still hoping sometime in the near future I can get a SS with a maple fretboard and a nitro finish. That's the guitar I need.

Quick question to see if anyone else is seeing this. Just got a silver sky and boy is it amazing, easily the best guitar I own. The one thing I noticed is that it get a grounding buzz if I am not touching the strings. I thought it was the amp or pedals so I removed the pedals and tried several S and T style guitars with the amp with no issues. I also checked the grounding wire on the back and it is attached. It is not really that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone else sees this or maybe something else is loose under the pick guard (I have yet to take it off as I have had the guitar 5 days) Thanks

Wesley

Quick question to see if anyone else is seeing this. Just got a silver sky and boy is it amazing, easily the best guitar I own. The one thing I noticed is that it get a grounding buzz if I am not touching the strings. I thought it was the amp or pedals so I removed the pedals and tried several S and T style guitars with the amp with no issues. I also checked the grounding wire on the back and it is attached. It is not really that big of a deal but I was wondering if anyone else sees this or maybe something else is loose under the pick guard (I have yet to take it off as I have had the guitar 5 days) Thanks

Wesley
Does it go away if you touch any of the pedals or the amp at all?

Does it go away if you touch any of the pedals or the amp at all?

I removed all pedals and went straight into the amp and it still did it. That is when I thought it was the amp, none of the other S and T style had the issue, when back to the silver sky and the buzz is still there. It does it all the time. Again not the end of the world...

I removed all pedals and went straight into the amp and it still did it. That is when I thought it was the amp, none of the other S and T style had the issue, when back to the silver sky and the buzz is still there. It does it all the time. Again not the end of the world...
Try placing the guitar somewhere away from your body and see if it still does it

What i mean is to try seeing if touching the amp or anything metal gets rid of the buzz just like touching the strings does.

What i mean is to try seeing if touching the amp or anything metal gets rid of the buzz just like touching the strings does.

So after jacking it with it I did notice that if I touch a metal screw on the back of the amp (in this case a boss kantana) the buzzing went away. So I grabbed my fender strat and I did notice the same buzzing noise but it is much much quieter. I had to crank the amp to hear it as loud as the silver sky, which is probably why I never noticed it before. So probably not the SS, the SS seems to amplify the problem for some reason (the buzzing is probably 10 times louder on the SS). I guess the amp is not getting grounded well?

Back