The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

There are PLENTY of PRS guitars to be had out in the wild, I did not have to wait for either of my Silver Skys or my Special Semi Hollow, all available at dealers. There are some folks that ordered guitars that have taken along time, I would expect no different if I ordered anything that needed to be manufactured

John Mayer Trio completed (for now):
zuqaykY.jpg

vsmnUlf.jpg

2017 Private Stock Super Eagle II, ca. 1989 Ibanez Tube Screamer TS-10, 2019 John Mayer Silver Sky

I approve of this message--Outstanding!!!

There are about 500 of these guitars currently listed on Reverb (461 are new). There may be a back log but they're still readily available. While a lefty version may be cool I would assume it's a pretty low volume proposition.

Yeah, sad but true. IDK where I heard it, or if I'm even remembering right, but it was something along the lines of "10% of guitar players are left handed".

In fairness tho, I don't expect 50 SS lefties on Reverb tho, I'd settle for 5. :D

Yeah, sad but true. IDK where I heard it, or if I'm even remembering right, but it was something along the lines of "10% of guitar players are left handed".

In fairness tho, I don't expect 50 SS lefties on Reverb tho, I'd settle for 5. :D

I am definitely sympathetic.

and what I read about 10 years ago was that over half of that 10% just starts out and learns to play righty anyway because that's what's available. Which, then cuts the demand for lefty guitars in half compared to left handed players

and what I read about 10 years ago was that over half of that 10% just starts out and learns to play righty anyway because that's what's available. Which, then cuts the demand for lefty guitars in half compared to left handed players

I hadn't heard that, but it makes sense. My brother in law fits that bill, and I often wish that I'd done the same thing!

The only thing worse than having limited guitar options is mentally translating tabs and other notations...

The only thing worse than having limited guitar options is mentally translating tabs and other notations...

I'd never thought of that, but unless you used right handed string pattern, wouldn't tab all be the same, just mirror image?

If we ever get our backorder under control, we'll probably start offering more lefty options.
Shawn, although I realize that "If we ever..." and "...probably..." are some pretty heavy qualifiers, reading this made my day. Even if it's just a glimmer of hope, that's better than none. I have a Strat that I'm fond of, but it can't touch my Custom 24 for tone and playability. A lefty Silver Sky... well, if the line ever forms, I'll be as close to the front of it as I can get.
P.S.: I'm in my mid-sixties, so you guys don't drag your feet any more than you have to. :)

I'd never thought of that, but unless you used right handed string pattern, wouldn't tab all be the same, just mirror image?

Yes, but never underestimate the annoyance of mentally translating the mirror images. It's probably the #1 contributing factor to me learning chord shapes and CAGED as early as I did: if I already know them, I can ignore the tabs.

Oh, and don't forget learning scales: I read left to right like everyone else (except those that read/write Arabic), but my fretboard goes right to left. That's STILL a PITA to this day, when learning new drills.

I'm starting to entertain acquiring one, even tho I'm not a single-coil guy. However, the used market is still quite high, and the numbers on the knobs seem to rub off?

Back