The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Well, yesterday, I hadn't planned to buy anything when I walked into my dealer of choice.

vzliRxD.jpg

Oops. :D
Atta boy!

The other day a local Silver Sky owner brought his guitar in for some fine tuning. It's one of the first 500 with a case and plaque. That alone is cool, but the best part of the story is that he actually gigs with the guitar. It was taken care of, but you could tell it has seen a lot of real-world action. I understand the idea of collecting guitars, hell I have a nice collection myself. But it does my heart good to see people gigging with their PRS guitars.

Wait a minute!! This "local guy" that brought his in himself, that got one of the first 500, that gigs with the guitar; he wouldn't happen to have the initials of PRSh, would he??? :D

Hahahaha! No, but I think he has one too

That's cool, I'm glad he does! It's his baby and he deserves one for taking such a ballsy chance! On the off chance THAT guy swings by w/his, feel free to let him know that there's Lefties out here that would LOVE the chance to pick one up!

(Yes, I know how he feels about Lefties... :( )

That's cool, I'm glad he does! It's his baby and he deserves one for taking such a ballsy chance! On the off chance THAT guy swings by w/his, feel free to let him know that there's Lefties out here that would LOVE the chance to pick one up!

(Yes, I know how he feels about Lefties... :( )

If we ever get our backorder under control, we'll probably start offering more lefty options.

True but if you have a 12-15 month back order situation you would still be ahead of the game. That's even with that training schedule.

The other day a local Silver Sky owner brought his guitar in for some fine tuning. It's one of the first 500 with a case and plaque. That alone is cool, but the best part of the story is that he actually gigs with the guitar. It was taken care of, but you could tell it has seen a lot of real-world action. I understand the idea of collecting guitars, hell I have a nice collection myself. But it does my heart good to see people gigging with their PRS guitars.
if own a PRS SS and don't play it live, you need your pulse checked

When I bought mine about 6 months ago, 4 had come in, white, black, silver and red. I nabbed the silver "tungsten", and someone had bought the red one well prior. The white one sold within a day of being received at the shop. I went back a week later after buying mine, and the black one was gone. Really insane. So happy I got mine.

Shawn,
Its no different than any similar job. People get hired, they work a while and then they quit. Its the manufacturing process.
The flip side is to stay on a back order situation for to long and watch your customer base move to more readily available products.
As good as PRS guitars are there are competing products in the market place.

There are about 500 of these guitars currently listed on Reverb (461 are new). There may be a back log but they're still readily available. While a lefty version may be cool I would assume it's a pretty low volume proposition.

Shawn,
Its no different than any similar job. People get hired, they work a while and then they quit. Its the manufacturing process.
The flip side is to stay on a back order situation for to long and watch your customer base move to more readily available products.
As good as PRS guitars are there are competing products in the market place.

You're preaching to the choir, my man

Back