The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

The noise is mainly noticeable with the guitar volume up high. This is in position 4 as well in the video which I know is supposed to somewhat cancel out 60 cycle hum. I also live under power lines and I don’t know if this would have any effect as well. I’ve had no issues with the static or pick guard stuff people have mentioned on here and the guitar is brand new as well being made at the very end of September as per the included card

The power lines could also be an issue, as could lights, and many other home items. Heck, a buddy had an issue with his single coil guitars due to the wireless device the local water company installed so they could read meters remotely.

The power lines could also be an issue, as could lights, and many other home items. Heck, a buddy had an issue with his single coil guitars due to the wireless device the local water company installed so they could read meters remotely.
It could literally be anything. If my phone is in my pocket, my guitars make weird sounds.

Last edited:
Ok so this is completely normal and nothing to be worried about ? The guitar is brand new and purchased from Sweetwater which I know does a “55 point” eval.

What are you guys and gals using to clean and maintain your silver sky? I want to make sure I’m not using anything that would damage it. I have the Horizon color.

thanks!
water and soap is usually the way to go, I personally am going to beat mine to s**t - it's quickly become my favorite instrument

What are you guys and gals using to clean and maintain your silver sky? I want to make sure I’m not using anything that would damage it. I have the Horizon color.

thanks!

If you’re talking about body and neck, PRS make a popular polish. Other forumites use different polishes. Some even use a good quality automotive polish.

Just bear in mind that your guitar neck is finished with nitro cellulose lacquer, I believe, so be careful what you use on that. A check of the PRS website will tell you if their polish is safe for that part of the Silver Sky.

Hope you find something that works for you.

Take care of your guitar. That colour is no longer being made in 2020!

If you’re talking about body and neck, PRS make a popular polish. Other forumites use different polishes. Some even use a good quality automotive polish.

Just bear in mind that your guitar neck is finished with nitro cellulose lacquer, I believe, so be careful what you use on that. A check of the PRS website will tell you if their polish is safe for that part of the Silver Sky.

@Alnus Rubra do you know what colors are taking it's place? :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

thanks!

There are plenty of good cleaners out there. Anything made for guitars will probably be fine. A body finished with polyurethane is going to keep looking new for years to come.

Good advice. I don't believe they recommend their polish for nitro finishes, so keep it away from the neck. Damp micro fiber, or dry micro fiber should do the trick.

Thank you! I just read that it’s being discontinued. Makes me more excited than I already was about getting Horizon.

If I was interested in purchasing a Silver Sky, Horizon would be top of my preferred colour choice. Red guitars always take priority over other colours in the range. My 2nd choice would be Black so it looks like I will have to look for used or old stock if I ever do put a SS onto my wanted list...

Back