The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Same thing happened to me. Contact PRS customer support and they should send you a new one. Bought mine two weeks ago on a Sat. Tues night the switch cover broke and I sent an email to customer support. They replied Wed morning and it was in my hands this past Monday.

Same thing happened to me. Contact PRS customer support and they should send you a new one. Bought mine two weeks ago on a Sat. Tues night the switch cover broke and I sent an email to customer support. They replied Wed morning and it was in my hands this past Monday.

Tim,
Thanks. I've contacted customer support.

If you watch some current IG vids, it appears John is playing an all white SS--meaning one that has a white headstock and back of neck. I've watched several and it doesn't appear to be Frost with the lighting playing tricks. It looks ALL white. With a maple board sighting earlier, it seems like he's either got some custom guitars or is maybe trying out some new ideas for future models. Exciting stuff either way!

Screen-Shot-2019-07-25-at-7-16-12-AM.png

I was reading in another thread about how (paraphrasing) "Paul no longer runs the company, because the accountants have taken over". I got a good laugh from the post, so cheers for that! Here is an example of how involved Paul is and what a stickler he is for delivering a quality product.

A customer contacted me because the volume pot on his Silver Sky was acting up. Having the guitar come back to the factory was impractical for this particular customer, so he agreed to receive a replacement pot and he'd have it installed locally. I went into our electronics room and said, "I need a replacement volume pot for a Silver Sky, where can I find one?" My coworker in the electronics area informed me that they didn't have any SS volume pots "ready to go", so she made one for me. You see, each volume pot is measured for an exact reading. The pots are 500K, but in reality they can vary from 470K - 520K. For each Silver Sky, a reading is taken on each pot and then we solder into place a uniquely valued capacitor to bring the pot to the 300K. Let me repeat that. Each Silver Sky volume pot is individually measured and then a specific value capacitor is added to make the pot read 300K. Do you know any other major guitar manufacturer that goes to those lengths to ensure consistency of quality? But Paul doesn't run the company anymore, so I'm pretty sure this was the accountant's idea. :oops::oops::oops:

Pretty amazing I had the pot replaced today and the guy at the shop I had this done at said the same thing. Paul is just the face of the company A VERY BIG THANKS TO THE OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT This is the first time I’ve ever heard this and now I read it. Trolls will be trolls amazing what people believe.

Pretty amazing I had the pot replaced today and the guy at the shop I had this done at said the same thing. Paul is just the face of the company A VERY BIG THANKS TO THE OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SUPPORT This is the first time I’ve ever heard this and now I read it. Trolls will be trolls amazing what people believe.

I don't think you can see and/or meet Paul and doubt his commitment and passion. He has the enthusiasm that we all had as kids, he just didn't grow out of it. Of all the great moments at Experience, the one that stands out is seeing him at the side back of the stage while Jim McCarty was soloing. He was sitting in a chair, and as the solo built, his leg started bouncing. Then his hand started pounding on his leg, getting more intense as the solo did, until finally he leapt of the chair with both hands in the air and a smile from ear to ear. Just genuine joy. And it clearly wasn't an act - he's not that good of an actor. I've seen the YouTube clips. :p

I recently lost my truss rod cover and there's wear on the saddles so I thought I'd see if I could purchase a replacement - no such luck there with customer service. Told me they were not available on both counts..

So cool to see the SS growing and reaching places we just thought about before. Hoping to see how year after year it gets the "iconic guitar" name.

I've noticed my pick guard is a different share of white than the knobs and pickups. I can't remember if it has always been like this. I've owned it for 3 months or so. Does anyone know if this is discoloring or is it a slightly different shade to begin with?

Just returned from the Pittsburgh concert. The new white SS (white neck and headstock - it looked sexy !) was used for the majority of electric songs. The maple board SS appeared twice as well, along with a Silver 594. The only Fenders used where his 64 on Slow Dancing in a Burning Room and "The Black One" on Gravity - they definitely did not have the balls of the Silver Sky. Unfortunately the Super Eagle, nor the solid body 3 'bucker PRS (known as "Honey") appeared tonight. Mayer had killer tone all night, such clarity all over the fret board and his overdriven tone was sublime. That J-Mod, Two Rock and Dumble SSS backline really is amazing.
Great tour, a little sampling from his entire catalog. Now I REALLY want a Silver Sky !!!

67176128_10157428951841252_8827299009040220160_n.jpg

Last edited:
Now I REALLY want a Silver Sky !!!

If only you could have had one... :eek:

Thanks for the review. I think. I wanted to go, and I held off for a while because there was a chance my daughter and her boyfriend were going to come up for an event this weekend and go to the show, but that didn’t happen. And with some stuff that’s gone on the past week, plus three shows coming up this week (Queen, ELO, Ace Frehley), I just couldn’t quite work up the gusto to go.

Back