The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

At the moment, the best place to buy the PU's is your local PRS dealer...

They are very expensive for a Set but do come in a very attractive wooden package and a bag too - you even get all the electronics and a set of strings too - I believe they call it a Silver Sky or a guitar? something like that...

Other than that, you may have to look for some on the used market but that's the only option right now

Giggle:D

My 2 cents.

Not really a PRS fan overall BUT, as soon as I saw the SS announced I just had to have it, simple. After 9 months of wait I finally received the call, it was ready to pick up! I have a Fender American Strat that has been my #1 for the last 3 years so, I couldn’t let her go, swapping between both for at least 3 weeks. Since then, 4 weeks have passed and I’ve being using the SS more, it is true the “bass on treble and treble on bass”… couple of thoughts with it:
  • Notes from fret 14 and up sound way to thin, a bit more than usual.
  • Frets (specially under the G string) starting to wear out. Didn’t expect this based on Paul’s say “our frets are in so users don’t need to re-fret” and I mean, been using the thing for the last 2 month and a half. Currently using Ernie Ball's 10-46.
  • Numbers from the volume knob are starting to fade, nothing major but still, lack of expertise in this regard (vs fender's number indentations). BTW, loving the knobs, first felt the "cheapness" on them, now love how quick and light they are.
Have you guys experience any of this?

I agree this guitar sounds more hifi, thin on the smallest strings especially and at the heel end than it should do. I am a hardware manufacturer ( let me declare my bias) but believe it is in part e to the trem being elevated off the body at the front and then decked on crystallized plastic at the back. If you don't find a solution via PRS by all means get in touch. cheers

Purple SS!

56565452_923711334492763_4258145394615123968_n.png

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying an SS in the next few weeks. Ideally want to see dodgem blue in person, as I haven't seen any real photos/videos of it apart from promo material, but may buy white instead.

Are the 2018 models still being produced? Or has production stopped in favour of the new models? I wonder because the store I'm looking to buy from only has 1 more white in stock, and I'm worried I may be SOL if I don't grab it!!

All I know is I like the Silver Sky but damn if those frets aren’t super low - my brain keeps thinking no SS frets would keep me from buying the Silver Sky. I don’t want to do a refret in 3 years

Hi all,

I'm planning on buying an SS in the next few weeks. Ideally want to see dodgem blue in person, as I haven't seen any real photos/videos of it apart from promo material, but may buy white instead.

Are the 2018 models still being produced? Or has production stopped in favour of the new models? I wonder because the store I'm looking to buy from only has 1 more white in stock, and I'm worried I may be SOL if I don't grab it!!

Easy peasy...buy them both...done...you're welcome.:D

Back