The "Official Silver Sky" Thread

Yeah man, that and the constant cynic attitude made it a complete drag to watch. He's basically complaining about people who complain, fantastic!

People don't like new guitars MOST of the time anyway. I've seen people complain about the gauge of strings in some model LOL

I think you guys missed the point. I found it hilarious, is a sarcastic type of way. There was supposed to be some humor in it.

I disagree. If the proper steps are taken in the proper order, consistency is obtainable. PRS has built a reputation on it.
And it is great reputation to have. It was obvious years ago, to the point that PRS is the only builder my wife KNOWS she can buy any guitar she likes the looks of and I will like how it plays and sounds.

Look. Here's the bottom line...
What everyone seems to fail to understand is that by building guitars, PRS has shown itself to be utterly dismissible and inauthentic.
For PRS to REALLY be authentic, they need to invent an entirely new instrument. One build from the wood of trees genetically engineered from left over material from George Washington's mythical wooden teeth. Built in the US, ONLY by Americans who can show their Mayflower pedigree. An instrument who's name would be utterly ineffable. An instrument SO AWESOME and paradigm shattering, that Jimi Hendrix, Gil Evans, and Miles Davis would be forced to resurrect themselves from the dead, to learn this new instrument, record their unrealized, rumored collaboration, and PAY PRS for the honor to endorse the company.
Until then, continuing to build guitars will only warrant the relentless, mellifluous, screeching, of easily confused internet trolls, er, revolutionary geniuses.

You all know, deep down, that I'm correct
o_O:confused:

One time Paul said to me "Everyone is always looking at the wood Stradivarius used as to why his instruments are so special". "They think there must be some magic in the wood". "Did anyone ever stop to consider that maybe he just reeeeeeally knew what he was doing as a builder?"
Of course it was the builder. That’s why people kept his violins. Other people of the time had access to the same materials. That said, one of the skills of a good builder is choosing the materials. I expect that one day there will be a good number of 100 year old PRS still being played.

Look. Here's the bottom line...
What everyone seems to fail to understand is that by building guitars, PRS has shown itself to be utterly dismissible and inauthentic.
For PRS to REALLY be authentic, they need to invent an entirely new instrument. One build from the wood of trees genetically engineered from left over material from George Washington's mythical wooden teeth. Built in the US, ONLY by Americans who can show their Mayflower pedigree. An instrument who's name would be utterly ineffable. An instrument SO AWESOME and paradigm shattering, that Jimi Hendrix, Gil Evans, and Miles Davis would be forced to resurrect themselves from the dead, to learn this new instrument, record their unrealized, rumored collaboration, and PAY PRS for the honor to endorse the company.
Until then, continuing to build guitars will only warrant the relentless, mellifluous, screeching, of easily confused internet trolls, er, revolutionary geniuses.

You all know, deep down, that I'm correct
o_O:confused:

...all you have proven is that't is always 5:00 somewhere. ;)

Not every guitar will speak to every player, but that's a good thing. Variety is the spice of life
That's exactly what I felt on my search for my Custom 24. All I tried were made the same, all looked, played and sounded great. I could've left with each of them and be happy.
...but some said "Hi!" right with the first tone.

i'm looking forward to trying one someday. like any of us haven't taken a stab at modifying a ST. seeing the results that PRS and JM came up with is probably one of the best thought out iterations ever made. can't see anything about that being bad. i dig the headstock and cutaway.

One time Paul said to me "Everyone is always looking at the wood Stradivarius used as to why his instruments are so special". "They think there must be some magic in the wood". "Did anyone ever stop to consider that maybe he just reeeeeeally knew what he was doing as a builder?"

THAT will preach!!!

And it is great reputation to have. It was obvious years ago, to the point that PRS is the only builder my wife KNOWS she can buy any guitar she likes the looks of and I will like how it plays and sounds.
Same here. My wife bought me two that were not on my list of choices, and they are two of the greatest guitars I've ever played.

I think you guys missed the point. I found it hilarious, is a sarcastic type of way. There was supposed to be some humor in it.

But there wasn't. It was just a bunch of pointless droning. I found it like listening to a mental patient on lithium ramble on about rambling. The only thing missing was the drool :)

Last edited:
Back