The official 'Show Off Your Bernie' thread...

Mikegarveyblues

Cream Crackered
Title says it all... Show me your Bernie's!!!

Here's mine... it's undergone some changes over the past couple of years...

Stock:
6665568745_4bfe91f03a_b.jpg

New Tusq Nut:
7316856474_5dbc668420_b.jpg

Bare Knuckle Mule Neck and Suhr Doug Aldrich Bridge + New pots:
7770877940_1bf5db76d7_b.jpg

Schroeder Top Locking Studs:
8954973654_61e7a798d5_b.jpg

As It Is Currently:
8954981608_cdc3ef8d6d_h.jpg

OK, here is mine, just back from the local shop for a set-up.

Last edited:
Here's mine. Its got a much darker burst than others I've seen so far. Almost a 'bourbon burst'.

Its had a few changes, noticeably a headstock refin, nickel covered Dimarzio Transition pickups, gold Gibson bell knobs, black switch tip and Schaller straplocks. The neck vol is push/pull neck out of phase (a la Greeny), the bridge vol is push/pull neck in series with bridge (a la Pagey) and the tone is push/push coil splits (inner coils). Russian PIO cap and 50s style wiring. Gotoh pickup selector. Plays like butter.

2014-02-20122950.jpg

Here's mine. Its got a much darker burst than others I've seen so far. Almost a 'bourbon burst'.

Its had a few changes, noticeably a headstock refin, nickel covered Dimarzio Transition pickups, gold Gibson bell knobs, black switch tip and Schaller straplocks. The neck vol is push/pull neck out of phase (a la Greeny), the bridge vol is push/pull neck in series with bridge (a la Pagey) and the tone is push/push coil splits (inner coils). Russian PIO cap and 50s style wiring. Gotoh pickup selector. Plays like butter.

2014-02-20122950.jpg

That's very nice, I've never known Marsdens came in that color. Love the headstock refinish (no offense to BM).

2014-02-20122950.jpg

very sweet looking Bernie! Don't think I've seen one that dark!

that Bernie is sharp! How much does she weigh? I've noticed that these guitars seem to be much heavier than other Singlecuts. Sweetwater's inventory always shows them weighing over 9 lbs.

that Bernie is sharp! How much does she weigh? I've noticed that these guitars seem to be much heavier than other Singlecuts. Sweetwater's inventory always shows them weighing over 9 lbs.
My personal Bernie weighs in at just 7.6 lbs. And I could swear that the SE245s I've played at GC weighed more than that.

Thanks for the love everyone!

Here's the weigh in: 7ib 14oz (fully loaded... sorry, I didn't weigh it before modding). Not bad for such a thick slab of hog! I wonder what, if any, sort of weight relief is being used? Anyone got an X-ray machine handy?

2014-02-23102045.jpg

Can't remember what mine weighs... I think it was a hair under 8lbs. I picked one up at a guitar show a while back and it felt like lead... Must have been close to 10 lbs.... Then again I'd been caning it the night before so my judgement may have been off. 8lbs feels about right though.

Wow that really is quite a bit darker than any other SE Bernie Marsden I've seen. It looks like it might have gotten put in the Tobacco Sunburst pile instead of the Vintage Sunburst. It looks great though!

How are the Dimarzio Transitions? I've been contemplating getting those exact pickups to go in my own SE Bernie Marsden. I love the tone that Steve Lukathier gets with them in the demo, as well as some of the other videos out there. What concerns me is the fairly high output of the bridge pickup. Dimarzio has it listed at 390 mV and in the "High Output" section, which is almost in Super Distortion territory. I tend to greatly prefer vintage to "hot vintage" pickups.

If you could post some video or audio of your Transition-equipped Bernie it would be greatly appreciated.

Here's mine modded with Bare Knuckle Mules ! Love that vintage tone !!!!!!:top::top:

IMG_1108_zps2eb72883.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]:
IMG_1116_zpsf1acbe4f.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Last edited:
Hi,

My BM. Right now swapping stock pup´s with Seymour Duncan SH-4 JB SH-2n Jazz gold cover. Will post the pic with new mics asap.

10636454_10206012802263577_8884069827857336556_o.jpg

10366183_10206012812143824_1061283678234061385_n.jpg

10931545_10206012804183625_4628942024633088443_n.jpg

2014-02-20122950.jpg

I'm considering getting one, and I'm really intrigued by the pickup mods you've made. Did you do it yourself? Can you post some sound samples of various combinations and settings? Thanks.

Back