The "Official" PRS Custom 24 love thread!!

Discussion in 'Electric Instruments' started by BrianC, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ElrytNamrogo

ElrytNamrogo My name be scrambled

Agreed....something about the tighter-grained quilt (I'm usually drawn to flame over quilt, but this one is perfect) with Vintage Yellow just looks so elegant, yet ballsy. Also, this would be my ideal Custom 24 setup, with the Vol/Tone/3-way toggle controls...super functional for what I do.

Absolutely love this guitar.

2. pjdude

pjdude New Member

My '91 - one owner. This one's getting buried with me.

[​IMG]

3. LSchefman

LSchefman Hears Tones

It’s weird - I almost didn’t buy the guitar because of the quilt. I’m more of a flame maple guy, too. I was going to get a Core Artist in the same color with a flame top.

But I was curious as to which one had a tone I preferred, so I asked Jack Gretz to compare the two in a clip. He had his associate play both through a PRS amp for me, and in comparison, the tone of this particular PS literally haunted me for two days. It was my ideal of a CU24 tone, and spoke to me more than the other one.

After a lot of mental gymnastics, I decided to pull the trigger. I’m really happy with it, and even though it’s a quilt, that feeling has lasted four years, which is really unusual for me.

4. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

After starting with a CU22 instead of a CU24, it took me 13 years to come around. I bought this a few hours after Mrs bought a Westie.
    [​IMG]

grausch, bodia, Mozzi and 3 others like this.
  5. bodia

bodia Authorities said.....best leave it.....unsolved

I keep seeing things I had no idea you had. I'm gonna need to make a road trip, at some point, to check out the collection.

6. veinbuster

veinbuster Freeze zone

Spare room is ready.

sergiodeblanc, bodia and Black Plaid like this.