The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

This will be here tomorrow...
24294224_10210689467856863_2380158928487194267_n.jpg

24301350_10210689468056868_7980348221186031572_n.jpg

It's on a dang FedEx truck somewhere between Hanahan and Moncks Corner.... DoHHHHHHHhhhh...

Thought this would be an appropriate place to make sure I can add pictures.....

Was not 100% enamored with the 58/15 LT in the bridge, but was not sure where to go with it... I personally don't love the 5909, which seems to be what most have found works.

I did happed to have an extra arm and leg laying around, so I decided to get a DGT Bridge pickup AND that was the magic that I had really been needing to make my 594 the perfect guitar for me.

Was great in the full band setting with quite a bit more sizzle to get out in front, especially during solo time.

Last edited:
Santa brought me this faded whale blue 594 this year... so glad he didn't scratch it dropping down the chimney! I've been playing it for a week... absolutely love it!

mccarty%20594_zps5872bdtn.jpg

This is not helping my GAS especially with dropping prices in used market
Congrats, she's a beauty.

Santa brought me this faded whale blue 594 this year... so glad he didn't scratch it dropping down the chimney! I've been playing it for a week... absolutely love it!

mccarty%20594_zps5872bdtn.jpg

Now that, kids, is how you start off the New Year! :cool:

What a luscious beast, please enjoy it in good health!

So many finishes look amazing on this model, but FWB always gives me unmistakable warm fuzzies.

Now that, kids, is how you start off the New Year! :cool:

What a luscious beast, please enjoy it in good health!

So many finishes look amazing on this model, but FWB always gives me unmistakable warm fuzzies.

Thank you flux... after playing this bad baby for only a week I already have a feeling it's going to be a FANTASTIC year!

They should do a Wood Library run of these with a wrap around bridge instead. And no neck binding.
Yes to the wraparound. Got to admit I like myself a bit of neck binding, especially if it’s flamed or quilted :D
Just a matter of personal preference

Back