The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

I've had mine for 4 weeks now and feel exactly the same. Incredible, Incredible instrument. Goldie here has sent 2 other brand, high dollar humbucker guitars on down the line. :D

I've had mine for 4 weeks now and feel exactly the same. Incredible, Incredible instrument. Goldie here has sent 2 other brand, high dollar humbucker guitars on down the line. :D
Beautiful gold top, I just made mine my avatar, don't know why the pic has it facing the neck left though, in the pic on my drive it's standing upright.

Beautiful 594 MacMutt.! I love this goldie 594 so much I got to get me a flamer. I've had a lot of high end guitars but this one takes the cake.So much so it all I see myself playing from now on, for a humbucker guitar anyway.

Let's say I'm contemplating a 594 or a DC254... in your opinion it's 594, hands down?

We're talking about. 094" & not a big difference on the neck.

Let's say I'm contemplating a 594 or a DC254... in your opinion it's 594, hands down?

I think it goes back to the thread about what makes the 594 so great. All the little things add up to make them two very different guitars. If the control layout doesn't offend, I'd say 594.

I'm glad to see more and more converts joining the love. Once you get hooked, it seems to be a lasting feeling.

I think it goes back to the thread about what makes the 594 so great. All the little things add up to make them two very different guitars. If the control layout doesn't offend, I'd say 594.

I'm glad to see more and more converts joining the love. Once you get hooked, it seems to be a lasting feeling.

Yeah, this no cheap fling. She's the real deal!

I should apologize. I thought I was I that other thread. Don't want to bog this thread down with that drivel.

The 594s the one to beat for me. And as far as control layout I'm right at home I've been playing Les Pauls for a many a year, and this is the only guitar to ever pull me away. Such a good feeling playing an instrument were everything is just the way it should be.

Hi.
I trade my CU 24 for one McCarty 594 .
Is the best thing I could do in my life.
Mccarty 594 is one rock machine. Have the tone I have in my head.
I just asking everyone.
Why in two Prs core Line I Buy. Both have flat frets on top. The fret level or fret dressing should be better. Why Prs don't crown frets again. I KNOW IS THE MOST HARD PART OF THE JOB. IS CROWNING.

Flattening the crowns is intentional. When you have round crowns, they just get flattened as you play anyway. Then once you dress the worn frets, the crowns grow wider. I personally like the broken-in feel of the wider, flatter crowns.

PRS use very hard wire. After a year of playing, the frets on my 594 show almost zero wear. Any other guitar I've owned would have dimples in some areas. So you get to go right to that comfortable, broken-in feel and you don't have to worry about frets for a long time.

Flattening the crowns is intentional. When you have round crowns, they just get flattened as you play anyway. Then once you dress the worn frets, the crowns grow wider. I personally like the broken-in feel of the wider, flatter crowns.

PRS use very hard wire. After a year of playing, the frets on my 594 show almost zero wear. Any other guitar I've owned would have dimples in some areas. So you get to go right to that comfortable, broken-in feel and you don't have to worry about frets for a long time.

I understand but I like more the round frets on top.
Just my opinion
But this guitar is awesome I love 1 million times more than my CU24. I'm not saying Cu24 is bad. Just different. For me the McCarty 594 have the tone I always want.

I understand but I like more the round frets on top.
Just my opinion
But this guitar is awesome I love 1 million times more than my CU24. I'm not saying Cu24 is bad. Just different. For me the McCarty 594 have the tone I always want.
I purchased a 594 about a year ago. I liked it so much that I sold my CU24 after about 6 months of playing the 594.I just love the tones that you can get out of the 594. So I guess you are not alone.

I purchased a 594 about a year ago. I liked it so much that I sold my CU24 after about 6 months of playing the 594.I just love the tones that you can get out of the 594. So I guess you are not alone.
Really CVS I Buy my Cu24 with 6 months too. Lol.

What crazy world.
I Buy mine CU 24 on March this year. And trade it now.

I never posted mine in this thread. I love the 594, the neck is perfect. Really want a trem with a rosewood neck.

Laguna - light at 7lbs 3 oz, but quite the tone monster

image.jpg

image.jpg

Sandstorm dragon's breath 1 piece quilt with SC thickness - closer to SC sound, but still missing that 5% Pete alluded to. Switched to 57/08 bridge for more oomph.

image.jpg

image.jpg

Etched birds

image.jpg

Back