The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

So I've said on here that I'm selling my doublecut 594 to help fund an incoming PS SC 594.

Well actually, it's sold. To a very happy country guitarist. He was kind enough to share a few photos of his first and second gigs playing with it last weekend. (The day after it arrived.)

Looks like he's happy with it! ;) And I'm glad it's found a new performing home....

jqj4wvCl.jpg

VwvD7sOl.jpg

Hey Guys! Quick question. I mulling over a 594 and can't decide. I am afraid that the 58/15 LT's won't ROCK enough for me. I play mainly heavy rock, set list has Leppard to Priest on it. Any thoughts??

Hey Guys! Quick question. I mulling over a 594 and can't decide. I am afraid that the 58/15 LT's won't ROCK enough for me. I play mainly heavy rock, set list has Leppard to Priest on it. Any thoughts??

When I had mine I switched the LT with a regular 58/15 and liked it much better but my favorite pickup is the 57/08. I do have a 594 trem with the LT in it and I like that one as is but it also has exotics woods so it has an entirely different sound then the all hog guitar.

I bet a 594 full korina makes the LT sound a lot stronger.

Btw, where can I view more pictures the guitar in your avatar?

I think it just depends on what kind of pickups you like. I've enjoyed playing everything from Pete Anderson (Dwight Yoakam) country licks to Anthrax on mine.

They won't push the amp hard, but they stay clear and tight with gain. If you want more oomph, the 57/08 and 59/09 are both well liked in the bridge with the LT in the neck.

I would think any amp bought in the last 5 or 6 years for that kind of music will make up the gain you'd lose to the low turns.

As Garrett says, you can get there with the LTs. If you want some more sizzle, drop in a 59/09. Or grab one of Brian's WL guitars. They've all had a 59/09 in the bridge.

When I had mine I switched the LT with a regular 58/15 and liked it much better but my favorite pickup is the 57/08. I do have a 594 trem with the LT in it and I like that one as is but it also has exotics woods so it has an entirely different sound then the all hog guitar.

I bet a 594 full korina makes the LT sound a lot stronger.

Btw, where can I view more pictures the guitar in your avatar?

Thanks! It's a Wood Library CU24 with 408 switching. I need to post a few pics. It's beautiful!

Thing is I don't want to replace the pickups. I love the 57/08/s and the 58/15's as well. But I'm not going to sink more money into a $4K guitar. I appreciate the responses, gives me something to think about!

I've been playing my 594 for about a month now. I'm fortunate enough to have two other PRS Guitars and I think they are both brilliant.
That said, I have to say, I think my 594 is in another league. For my hands, I'm confident saying that it is the finest electric that I've ever played. And I'm not talking about the "vintage tone" thing. I don't chase that particular timbre; it's one amongst many that I love. I'm talking about the way it responds to playing; even my very average playing. It just says "You've got it man, I'll do that for you! and that too! and that..."
Well done PRS team. Bloody well done!

I picked up a used Custom 24 from the 2010 Experience. It's more my speed than the 594. I do appreciate the feedback though!

I've been playing my 594 for about a month now. I'm fortunate enough to have two other PRS Guitars and I think they are both brilliant.
That said, I have to say, I think my 594 is in another league. For my hands, I'm confident saying that it is the finest electric that I've ever played. And I'm not talking about the "vintage tone" thing. I don't chase that particular timbre; it's one amongst many that I love. I'm talking about the way it responds to playing; even my very average playing. It just says "You've got it man, I'll do that for you! and that too! and that..."
Well done PRS team. Bloody well done!

I am pleased to inform you that I feel the same about mine after owning it 10 months.

This may be a forum member's guitar but this thing is really getting my beans boiling. Brazilian neck and board. creamy swamp ash body. Someone here has got to get this.

https://reverb.com/item/6076485-prs...ian-2016-honey-gold-smoke-burst-one-piece-top

Holy cow, that is AMAZING!

As you guys know, I totally love the "Blade Knots" inlays!!

I am a Mahogany Neck kind of guy, if that had a Mahogany Neck, I don't think I would be able to resist! ;)

I went from DC's to all SC 594's in the collection, now I am wishing I had one DC in the collection. I was just thinking about doing a DC 594 with Blade Knots, so I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this...

Holy cow, that is AMAZING!

As you guys know, I totally love the "Blade Knots" inlays!!

I am a Mahogany Neck kind of guy, if that had a Mahogany Neck, I don't think I would be able to resist! ;)

I went from DC's to all SC 594's in the collection, now I am wishing I had one DC in the collection. I was just thinking about doing a DC 594 with Blade Knots, so I almost fell out of my chair when I saw this...

but Pete... Brazilian neck... blade knots... one-piece top... swamp ash body...

Okay, so we have this cool new model out, the McCarty 594. It is starting as the February 2016 Guitar of the Month for the 20th Anniversary Private Stock Guitar of the Month series - but I predict it will live on beyond that. Partially because I will likely make sure it does!! ;)

In my 8 years now of obsessing about, playing and gigging PRS guitars, there have been 2 major things for me that totally rocked my world, and I have a feeling this is going to be the third. The first was the Ted McCarty special run from 2009, that spawned the DC 245 Ted. That lived on beyond the initial run with 3 Willcutt's special Wood Library runs (thanks, Eric!!), several DC 245 Private Stocks that I personally spec'ed, as well as countless other DC 245 Private Stocks that other dealers and individuals did. To this day the DC 245 Ted is my favorite PRS model.

The second was the McCarty Singlecut Private Stock model in 2014. That to me totally nailed the "historic" Singlecut tones and vibe far better than any previous PRS SC model, and trust me, I had owned several of every one of those (SC 245's, Tremonti's, SCT's, SC 58's, SC Ted's, etc.). I started with two amazing MSC's from the PS run, and then spec'ed my own, which has become the "Holy Grail" Singlecut for me, amazing in tone, and in looks and vibe, likely to NEVER be outdone with ever a better PRS SC. Lifetime keeper!!

This McCarty 594 pulls on my heartstrings just like the MSC did when it first came out!

The 58/15 LT's sound amazing in the demos! The existing 58/15's are my favorite pickups yet, I am dying to try the "Low Turns" 58/15's out in this 594.

Interestingly enough, I was working on a DC 245 PS spec for an upcoming visit, and I was thinking of doing 2 volume and 2 tone controls, but wondered if that would be a little cramped in the control area, with the 4 knobs plus the 3-way down there. The 594 moves the 3-way to the upper horn, problem solved. At first I thought that looked a little weird, but now that I have watched the videos a couple of dozens of time, and have been obsessing over the pics, I am getting used to that look.

I also was thinking of spec'ing the two piece bridge, I almost did that on my Citrus Glow DC 245 Ted, but chickened out and did the stoptail to stay true to the original DC Ted formula. I am getting used to the look of that on a DC body as well. I dig the way it feels on the MSC, make sense to have it on a DC as well as long as it sounds great. (Cool re the new Bronze material!)

I look forward to checking out the 24.596" scale! I did get to play the 24.6" scale 20th Anniversary Private Stock briefly, it felt comfy like a DC 245, but I could tell it was a hair longer, which was fine. I think I could bond with that and go back and forth between the two. (I have no 25" PRSi, all 24.5" right now, plus the recent NGD of the 25.25" inch Brent Mason PS.)

Anyway, let's discuss the 594 here on this thread, should be some exciting times coming up with the 26 hitting dealers and getting into people's hands! I have one of the 26 on deposit, can't wait to check it out!

Also, I am headed to the Holy Land ("The Vault") next week, I might just have to spec my own unique McCarty 594, with a little of a DC Ted vibe going on... ;)

photo8.jpg

photo9.jpg

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

photo4.jpg

photo5.jpg

photo6.jpg

photo7.jpg

photo10.jpg

photo12.jpg

photo11.jpg

I dunno.........I was a bit that way myself, a little like with the squabbins and the open backed Phase 3 tuners, but like them it's grown on me in a good way.

I got my 594 three weeks ago, I ordered the double cut in orange tiger finish with a 10 top.

This beast is flawless I love it, this guitar is pure perfection, both in sound and feel, it's just an indescribable pleasure to play, I want to give a huge thank you to Paul and all the great people who help craft my very favorite guitar to play n the world, and the only one I would like ever play from now until my last breath.

Thank you all I truly love my new baby.

Back