The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Also, there is this one:

Not in English, but actually one of the best demos I have seen with regards to the variety of tones on tap from the 594's. Also I dig the bluesy tones and playing!

I ran across a very lemon yellow 594 recently, kinda like the one in that video above but no darkened edge at all. Not a standard color, so I'm wondering if they just forgot to return back to it after the yellow was applied in order to shoot some brown on it to make a McCarty Burst finish (which is what it was listed as).

You sure it wasn't Honey?

If I didn't already have my 594, I'd be very tempted by this one on Reverb. First time seeing this variation, they call it Faded McCarty Burst:

ppvpxhukrtqho7fb2czh.jpg

You sure it wasn't Honey?

If I didn't already have my 594, I'd be very tempted by this one on Reverb. First time seeing this variation, they call it Faded McCarty Burst:

Well yes, it did look a lot like that. But that isn't on the list of available standard colors for a non-10-top. I now see that on the site they have a whole boatload of additional colors available for Wood Library but there are no samples.They seem to strugle with uniform consistency of colors like how they do in the automotive industry. With cars, there is a color code and it is etched in stone. No variation within the same color code so if you ask for #1234567 than that is exactly what you get. Reminds me of the time I learned the hard way that Black Cherry today was vastly different than like ten years earlier. A sad story for sure. Anyway... Nothing wrong with what looks like a bright lemon in person, just not what I was expecting to see in my quest for a SC594.

Honey was a standard color for 2016. They dropped it for this year.

There are a lot more factors at play when staining vs. painting. Variation is pretty much a guarantee when you're working with a product like figured maple.

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

I updated my Private Stock DC 594 (Semi-Hollow with no F-Hole) to Ivoroid Pickup Rings, Switch Tip and Tuner Knobs. Was originally Cocobolo, pic below:

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

I like it either way, I think the Cocobolo makes it look more fancy and custom, and the Ivoroid makes it look a little more "mainstream"...

What do you guys think?

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

I updated my Private Stock DC 594 (Semi-Hollow with no F-Hole) to Ivoroid Pickup Rings, Switch Tip and Tuner Knobs. Was originally Cocobolo, pic below:

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

I like it either way, I think the Cocobolo makes it look more fancy and custom, and the Ivoroid makes it look a little more "mainstream"...

What do you guys think?
I prefer the wood,
I've been thinking of changing to rosewood pickup rings, switch tip, and tuner buttons on my Brian's WL SC594 as well.

Bought a second 594. River Blue. It's blue with a hint of green underneath. Beautiful! Better looking in person. How the hell did they do that?

I'm officially DONE buying guitars. DONE, you hear me? I have enough. Especially since there will be no Experience this year and I've bought my last Signature club membership/ Both of which have always lead me into temptation. hahahaha

PRS2017-594RiverBlue01.jpg

PRS2017-594RiverBlue02.jpg

PRS2017-594RiverBlue03.jpg

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

What do you guys think?

Wow, Pete!!!!!!!! That one is killer looking.

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

What do you guys think?

I think you made the right call doing it. More of a classic, understated look.

The wood rings are a little bit fancy-shmancy for my taste.

I think that guitar is just killer. Just personal preference, but I prefer the ivoroid. I just think it looks badass that way!

Kevin

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

What do you guys think?

What do you guys think?

I really like them both, and the ivoroid makes for a great classic look. To my eye the Cocobolo compliments the woods and finish slightly better and really makes those amazing inlays pop. Looks great both ways though. I'll happily borrow it for a couple months and write a detailed analysis. ;)

You planted a seed in my brain a while back though, I'm going to have to grab some pearloid or faux bone pegs for my Santana Yellow beastie.

IMG_0967_zpshc0faxv3.jpg

IMG_0966_zpsxpgy0shn.jpg

IMG_0969_zpsdjyfoxkl.jpg

IMG_0449_zps3eusdqbk.jpg

What do you guys think?

I gotta go with the dark for this one. Works well with the lava-esque finish.

Is swear I saw this one on Reverb the other day...

Back