The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Beautiful. Thanks! Where are you guys getting this run at?

Righteous Guitars in Roswell Georgia. If I recall, they had one more guitar from this run, in a dark cherry burst finish, with a red tinted back. I haven't spotted it on their website, but I'm sure they'd be happy to send pics if you asked (if they still have it).

Righteous Guitars in Roswell Georgia. If I recall, they had one more guitar from this run, in a dark cherry burst finish, with a red tinted back. I haven't spotted it on their website, but I'm sure they'd be happy to send pics if you asked (if they still have it).

Thank you.

N5D!!

Righteous Guitars Wood Library 594, Korina Body and Neck, Brazilian Board, 58/15 LT Neck, 57/08 Bridge. (Thanks Ben and Brian, you guys ROCK!!)

IMG_0209_zpstajqptrc.jpg

IMG_0208_zpsednduyxg.jpg

IMG_0213_zpsdf7lu10r.jpg

IMG_0202_zps1nzbp8rl.jpg

Grey Black Fade with a killer Quilt top!

I dig it so far! More to follow...

P.S. Chris/goof1073 - I blame YOU for this! Making me think about Korina last week... ;)

Nice Pete! That top looks strangely familiar. I had to run to the basement just to make sure it was still hanging there !

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!!

And nobody is saying anything about Pete having a Kemper ;) now

Ha! LOL, Mike!

Thanks for saying the first thing that I noticed: KPA? Pete please start a 594 and Kemper thread for those of us considering making the switch.

I really love the Kemper, it has totally blown me away. The Michael Britt profiles of the Bogner Helios sound pretty much exactly like my Bogner Helios, with the added bonus of getting the awesome "at full tilt" high volume tones as lower volumes. I am still a Kemper Noob, haven't fully figured it out just yet, so I don't know about starting a thread about it, but I love it so far!

Pete, can you take a picture of the back of that korina 594?

The look of the back is TO DIE FOR. Gorgeous!! Pictures can't capture beauty of the light and bright color of the back and neck, the cool color tones, and the way color blend together between the Ivory Binding and Tuner Knobs ("MA Pete" tuner knob upgrade!), and how well all that surprisingly goes with the Grey Black Fade. And the grain that pops through the Korina, oh man, so beautiful!

IMG_0207_zpsvnwmqn4k.jpg

Like I said, hard to capture in pictures, this picture does not do it justice at all. I will try to take some more and better pictures and post them.

Nice Pete! That top looks strangely familiar. I had to run to the basement just to make sure it was still hanging there !

Ha! Sorry to be a copy-cat, but I all of sudden felt like I really wanted a Korina one (again, Chris/goof1073's doing!), and this was my favorite of the bunch.

(They do have another Grey Black Fade one in a Microquilt that is also pretty sweet, it was a tough choice...)

So with regards to tone, I *REALLY* dig this one!!

I had posted this on Chris/goof1073's "Black Limba versus Mahogany" thread:

Chris:

I am a HUGE fan of Korina! But I have just dipped my toe in the water so far. Certainly Eric Cummins from Willcutt and Kingsley D have influenced me in that regard, and Kevin/BostonGuitar.

I played Kevin's Korina McCarty in like 2009, it sounded great. At the time I didn't "get it" at the time, it was too plain looking for me. ;) If they offered a completely Korina McCarty 594 as a Core guitar, I would be hitting "Add To Cart" without hesitation!

Eric C had talked about how great the WL DC 245 Ted's were with Korina Necks. This one was mine for a brief time earlier this year, I traded it in as I got into the 594 and felt the 245 scale wasn't for me:

http://distinctiveguitar.com/electr...-ted-mccarty-dc-245-wood-library-honey-burst/

It was one of the very best sounding DC Ted's that I have owned, which is saying a lot, I have owned like 15+ of them. ;)

Based on that experience, I ordered a guitar of a different brand with a Mahogany body, Maple Top, Black Limba neck, Rosewood Board. It turned out AMAZING, killer tone.

I have also ordered another guitar with a White Limba / Korina Body AND Neck, with a Rosewood Board and Maple top. I haven't received that yet, but should get it by the end of the year.

I have a PS McCarty 594 in the oven with a Mahogany Body and a Maple Top, Korina (White Limba) neck and Rosewood Board, from the September visit. I thought of doing Korina Body and Neck, but I chickened out, and just did the neck, a formula that had worked great for two previous guitars. I am looking forward to getting that 594, but that won't be until next year.

Longer term, I do want to do a PRS PS Korina Body and Neck guitar, and maybe even with a Korina Top as well.

I don't find the Korina necks to make the guitars "bright". I associate "bright" as bad, I like "warm" and "dark" my 2 Korina necked guitars were warm and dark, but with some sort of extra mid sizzle that was awesome.

My 2 cents...

-Pete

...And the mere act of putting the thought into and typing that post left me with SEVERE GAS for one of these Righteous Guitars' WL Korina 594's, that I already knew existed and thus far had been able to resist. It was only a couple of days from the above post until I reached out to Ben at Righteous to see what they had in stock these days from their WL Korina 594 run.

So based on the above, I had liked both experiences so far re Korina Necks and Mahogany Bodies, but hadn't yet had one with a Korina Neck AND body. I am pleased to report here that I absolutely love the tone and feel of this guitar!! It is in the same neighborhood tonally as Mahogany IMO, dark, not bright, but with some extra sizzle somewhere in the mids that is incredibly pleasant, and a refreshing difference, great to be able to grab this one and have it be in the same wheelhouse, but still having something special and unique going on that is very noticeable and cool, without at all departing from the general formula that I live in with what I like to play and hear (that traditional formula).

This guitar resonates in the body and neck in a different way than mahogany, the feel of the way it is alive in your hands. I love that about this one!

This one is 7 pounds, 6 ounces, night and light and nimble on a strap, a joy to play...

I am really glad I took that leap of faith and got this one!! I think this one may be my favorite Core/WL 594 so far, based on how special and unique it is. (Of course the top 2 for me are still my two Private Stocks, the Prototype SC 594 and the Faded Red Tiger DC 594.)

-Pete

Congrats on another great accusation !!! both amp and guitar , I am beginning to wonder if I should have taken the Kemper in trade I was offered for my SCT instead of the P90 CU22 I got ;/

Thank you everyone for the kind comments!!

Ha! LOL, Mike!

I really love the Kemper, it has totally blown me away. The Michael Britt profiles of the Bogner Helios sound pretty much exactly like my Bogner Helios, with the added bonus of getting the awesome "at full tilt" high volume tones as lower volumes. I am still a Kemper Noob, haven't fully figured it out just yet, so I don't know about starting a thread about it, but I love it so far!

The look of the back is TO DIE FOR. Gorgeous!! Pictures can't capture beauty of the light and bright color of the back and neck, the cool color tones, and the way color blend together between the Ivory Binding and Tuner Knobs ("MA Pete" tuner knob upgrade!), and how well all that surprisingly goes with the Grey Black Fade. And the grain that pops through the Korina, oh man, so beautiful!

IMG_0207_zpsvnwmqn4k.jpg

Like I said, hard to capture in pictures, this picture does not do it justice at all. I will try to take some more and better pictures and post them.

Ha! Sorry to be a copy-cat, but I all of sudden felt like I really wanted a Korina one (again, Chris/goof1073's doing!), and this was my favorite of the bunch.

(They do have another Grey Black Fade one in a Microquilt that is also pretty sweet, it was a tough choice...)

So with regards to tone, I *REALLY* dig this one!!

I had posted this on Chris/goof1073's "Black Limba versus Mahogany" thread:

...And the mere act of putting the thought into and typing that post left me with SEVERE GAS for one of these Righteous Guitars' WL Korina 594's, that I already knew existed and thus far had been able to resist. It was only a couple of days from the above post until I reached out to Ben at Righteous to see what they had in stock these days from their WL Korina 594 run.

So based on the above, I had liked both experiences so far re Korina Necks and Mahogany Bodies, but hadn't yet had one with a Korina Neck AND body. I am pleased to report here that I absolutely love the tone and feel of this guitar!! It is in the same neighborhood tonally as Mahogany IMO, dark, not bright, but with some extra sizzle somewhere in the mids that is incredibly pleasant, and a refreshing difference, great to be able to grab this one and have it be in the same wheelhouse, but still having something special and unique going on that is very noticeable and cool, without at all departing from the general formula that I live in with what I like to play and hear (that traditional formula).

This guitar resonates in the body and neck in a different way than mahogany, the feel of the way it is alive in your hands. I love that about this one!

This one is 7 pounds, 6 ounces, night and light and nimble on a strap, a joy to play...

I am really glad I took that leap of faith and got this one!! I think this one may be my favorite Core/WL 594 so far, based on how special and unique it is. (Of course the top 2 for me are still my two Private Stocks, the Prototype SC 594 and the Faded Red Tiger DC 594.)

-Pete

N5D!!

Righteous Guitars Wood Library 594, Korina Body and Neck, Brazilian Board, 58/15 LT Neck, 57/08 Bridge. (Thanks Ben and Brian, you guys ROCK!!)

IMG_0209_zpstajqptrc.jpg

IMG_0208_zpsednduyxg.jpg

IMG_0213_zpsdf7lu10r.jpg

IMG_0202_zps1nzbp8rl.jpg

P.S. Chris/goof1073 - I blame YOU for this! Making me think about Korina last week... ;)

That's a stunner, Pete! I'm enjoying living vicariously through you on these The guys at Righteous are great and I'm glad to have them in my back yard. They do perfect setup too. Brian is truly afflicted; you gotta see the place to truly appreciate it. It's as much museum exhibition as guitar store.

To go back to the discussion from a few pages ago, here's a Famous Guitar Player (the guy on the left) with the '52/'59 conversion that used to be mine. Amber's current owner is on the right, holding another of his recent acquisitions, a vintage D'Angelico... ...besides having those and a bunch of other killer guitars, he's actually a good player and a super nice guy. I actually REALLY enjoyed seeing this photo and knowing that Amber is making the rounds of some well-known players.

15129462_10211248374994657_784225760065189354_o.jpg

I was in Emerald City guitars not long ago and that was the guy who was helping me. Funny enough, he mentioned Joe Bonamassa while I was there talking with him! He seems to visit their store from time to time looking for vintage gems. Cool store, great staff and owner. They were very friendly!

Cool, thanks very much. How did you do that?

There's something about this scale length - I think you may have said it a few pages back, not sure. But there is a harmonic depth, resonance and sparkle that you don't get from the other scale lengths. It's like when you stand in front of a Plexi at volume - but at low volumes and even unplugged!

Last edited:
N5D!!

IMG_0209_zpstajqptrc.jpg

IMG_0208_zpsednduyxg.jpg

IMG_0213_zpsdf7lu10r.jpg

IMG_0202_zps1nzbp8rl.jpg

Holly Smokes Pete that is truly dazzling

Congrats.

Cool, thanks very much. How did you do that?

If you're on a computer, there should be an icon of a "picture" in the menu just above the text window -- just to the right of the smile icon. Click on that and insert the link to your photo, then click the blue "insert" button.

It can be trickier if you're working from a smartphone or iPad/tablet -- I've always had problems getting photos to embed with my iPad.

Back