The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Well, I figured a vintage playing and vintage sounding guitar should have a vintage finish, so I went with the McCarty burst.

Just kicked it up a few notches with an Artist Pkg. and voila. This will be in my hands shortly.

1E901B2C-6A21-4B4D-B3F8-176D819283DC_zpshb5fbd9k.jpg
F1E9CC62-62C7-4FCA-A512-33D334F3B745_zpspnvi103b.jpg

Stunner! Pre-congrats!

Well, I figured a vintage playing and vintage sounding guitar should have a vintage finish, so I went with the McCarty burst.

Just kicked it up a few notches with an Artist Pkg. and voila. This will be in my hands shortly.

1E901B2C-6A21-4B4D-B3F8-176D819283DC_zpshb5fbd9k.jpg
F1E9CC62-62C7-4FCA-A512-33D334F3B745_zpspnvi103b.jpg
Yeah, baby!

Beautiful Guitar! I will be receiving an artist package McCarty 594 in copperhead finish this week-the waiting is the hardest part!

You're on a roll, Pete! Enjoy it!

Thanks, Les!

Actually, I was having a hard time deciding between a couple. So in typical "MA Pete" fashion, I decided upon option "C" - both! ;)

Also now have a Core 594 10-Top coming in from JD at Guitar Mavericks, in the "Honey" finish, it has an incredible top, better than many of the Artist Tops IMO!

(PSA - JD also has an amazing Artist 594 with a ridiculously cool one piece top, in Black Gold. Just went up on his website over the weekend.)

It will be interesting to see how a WL and a Core one compare in tone to the PS GOM.

And of course, I still have a Semi-Hollow 594 in the oven with the Private Stock team.

I didn't really plan it this way, just the way it turned out, I am sure Paul and team will get a kick out of this - both 594's this week were acquired via trades of Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul's. Two fantastic ones at that, the best two of many that I have owned. Yet still I felt compelled to let them go, a terrific validation of this PRS model! :)

Exciting times for me with the 594 model, an extension of my 7 years of DC Ted love and infatuation!

Last edited:
I didn't really plan it this way, just the way it turned out, I am sure Paul and team will get a kick out of this - both 594's this week were acquired via trades of Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul's. Two fantastic ones at that, the best two of many that I have owned. Yet still I felt compelled to let them go, a terrific validation of this PRS model! :)

Exciting times for me with the 594 model, an extension of my 7 years of DC Ted love an infatuation!

A ringing endorsement for sure! I think I will eventually have to break down and try one. I'm looking forward to seeing some gold tops and non-10's in McCarty burst.

I didn't really plan it this way, just the way it turned out, I am sure Paul and team will get a kick out of this - both 594's this week were acquired via trades of Gibson Custom Shop Les Paul's. Two fantastic ones at that, the best two of many that I have owned. Yet still I felt compelled to let them go, a terrific validation of this PRS model! :)!

That pretty much says it all, ya know?

I have the one from Jack Gretz coming, and I'm pretty stoked. I originally planned to go Private Stock, because I love the way they play and sound, but with my daughter's wedding coming up in a month...I think discretion may be the better part of valor. ;)

Reactions: FJ4
I have just picked up a Charcoal Burst 594 (still no idea how to insert pics) and I have to say it's ruined me for all other guitars. I think Paul has finally given me what I've spent years looking for. I too have the PS single cut (similar to the fabled 'Hammer of the Gods) and right now, I'd choose the 594 over it. Let's see if this is honeymoon feelings only; I think it might be a life-long love!

I think Paul has finally given me what I've spent years looking for. I too have the PS single cut (similar to the fabled 'Hammer of the Gods) and right now, I'd choose the 594 over it. Let's see if this is honeymoon feelings only; I think it might be a life-long love!

That's pretty amazing...If it's on the level of the HOTG, I'm going to be one very happy guy.

Back