The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Finnaly at home!

My Second McCarty 594. the first is double cut, and this one is The Beast!
6VLdAxawRJevDRIm3iL49w.png

X-FSh9e8Q0KSpKPq7U6KjQ.png

That's the orange back I was referring to!! Beautiful man congrats!

I love the look of the 4 control knobs but I'm not sure on the location of the selector switch. I get the principle and with the 4 knobs where you going to put it but it just doesn't look right with the carve. Just my opinion. Now I'm not saying that would stop me from wanting one lol!

A lot of people found the difference a bit jarring at first, but you get used to it. Turns out it’s a really great spot for a switch, because you don’t have to hunt for it on the bottom bout of the guitar while you’re playing. It’s right there under your nose.

No doubt that’s why Ted McCarty and Les Paul decided on that location back in 1953. It works.

The nice thing about the doublecut is that it’s an ergonomic dream, and it’s lighter than my McCarty Singlecut, or any 594 SC, so it’s a very practical device for me and my aching back! :)

Bigger than a toaster, but smaller than a giraffe. :D You'll have to search out a new thread!
Ooh you naughty tease, but my search capabilities outway my ability to comment on two threads at once!

10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1! Ready or not, here I come!! Haha:D

Nice sea foam green! Loving the paisley case!!

A lot of people found the difference a bit jarring at first, but you get used to it. Turns out it’s a really great spot for a switch, because you don’t have to hunt for it on the bottom bout of the guitar while you’re playing. It’s right there under your nose.

No doubt that’s why Ted McCarty and Les Paul decided on that location back in 1953. It works.

The nice thing about the doublecut is that it’s an ergonomic dream, and it’s lighter than my McCarty Singlecut, or any 594 SC, so it’s a very practical device for me and my aching back! :)
I have a build where there is 101% no better position for the toggle switch than where it is on the 594. I only hope the rest of the package turns out the way I want it to.

about a year ago I bought a PRS 594 single cut, it was amazing, I really enjoyed it, but I played a Les Paul high-performance 2016 model and I had to have it. so I had to sell two or three guitars to get that. so I sold the 594 single cut, assuming the Les Paul would fill in the gap. the Les Paul is excellent very happy with it. the axcess neck/heel cut, is genius, the coil slitting the out of phase switch, strong burst buckers, quite excellent absolutely no regrets that guitar is a permanent centerpiece in the stable. but the joy of the 594 remained in my brain, the coil taps, the string clarity, the picking dynamics, the flawless intonation, have haunted me, I missed them. so I decided to save up and go for another 594, the previous singlecut 594 had some minor issues, for me, Frets 20 through 22, definitely harder to get to on the single cut. additionally I bought the absolute lowest grade $2999 version. and decided that I want to experiment with an artist grade, or wood library. and I definitely want to the double cut for that easy high fret access.
so without further ado I stumbled across a perfect wood library double cut, additionally I've never had a green quilt top which was one of my dream guitars.
this just arrived today I've been playing it for several hours it is definitely one or two levels above the previous 594 I wouldn't mind discussing why the wood library guitar, is so blowing my mind, I do believe the maple neck is responsible for these amazing tones and harmonics that are taking me to nirvana. but of course it's probably the striped mahogany body also the Brazilian rosewood fretboard all of the wood library combined. I am in awe of the instrument. I am literally a drooling idiot with the guitar tones. I just can't believe how much better than the core model it is, which was still one of the better guitars that I ever played, the high mids on this guitar the ability to bite or not bite with my picking style, whatever tone you think of just comes right out of the guitar.

Quilt extraordinaire
QY75fuQ.jpg

flame maple neck dream
xM82gFZ.jpg

the stained back I always wanted
P4An3r3.jpg

brazzy board I wish I could get the iridescent green birds, but I've got 99% of the dream guitar.
rZYoAtn.jpg

Fantastic, @Ironwolf, congrats! I've drooled over that top repeatedly in my browsing travels. Really phenomenal instrument, and I don't recall seeing another like it.

Enjoy!

Fantastic, @Ironwolf, congrats! I've drooled over that top repeatedly in my browsing travels. Really phenomenal instrument, and I don't recall seeing another like it.

Enjoy!
yes I've been looking at the green quilt tops for almost 3 years now, I've only, come across three of them that had a maple neck. about three or four more that had mahogany necks, I definitely decided that I wanted the maple neck, I went to several guitar centers playing every single PRS with maple necks versus the mahogany necks, the maple necks just have that extra bite and attack that I love. very subtle but noticeable,
I went as far as filling out the complete order sheet and getting a quote,through my dealer, for this exact guitar, quote came back for $8000 and 6 to 9 months Waiting period. this was half that cost only had to wait three months. for it to pop up like a mushroom. super happy.:D

about a year ago I bought a PRS 594 single cut, it was amazing, I really enjoyed it, but I played a Les Paul high-performance 2016 model and I had to have it. so I had to sell two or three guitars to get that. so I sold the 594 single cut, assuming the Les Paul would fill in the gap. the Les Paul is excellent very happy with it. the axcess neck/heel cut, is genius, the coil slitting the out of phase switch, strong burst buckers, quite excellent absolutely no regrets that guitar is a permanent centerpiece in the stable. but the joy of the 594 remained in my brain, the coil taps, the string clarity, the picking dynamics, the flawless intonation, have haunted me, I missed them. so I decided to save up and go for another 594, the previous singlecut 594 had some minor issues, for me, Frets 20 through 22, definitely harder to get to on the single cut. additionally I bought the absolute lowest grade $2999 version. and decided that I want to experiment with an artist grade, or wood library. and I definitely want to the double cut for that easy high fret access.
so without further ado I stumbled across a perfect wood library double cut, additionally I've never had a green quilt top which was one of my dream guitars.
this just arrived today I've been playing it for several hours it is definitely one or two levels above the previous 594 I wouldn't mind discussing why the wood library guitar, is so blowing my mind, I do believe the maple neck is responsible for these amazing tones and harmonics that are taking me to nirvana. but of course it's probably the striped mahogany body also the Brazilian rosewood fretboard all of the wood library combined. I am in awe of the instrument. I am literally a drooling idiot with the guitar tones. I just can't believe how much better than the core model it is, which was still one of the better guitars that I ever played, the high mids on this guitar the ability to bite or not bite with my picking style, whatever tone you think of just comes right out of the guitar.

Quilt extraordinaire
QY75fuQ.jpg

flame maple neck dream
xM82gFZ.jpg

the stained back I always wanted
P4An3r3.jpg

brazzy board I wish I could get the iridescent green birds, but I've got 99% of the dream guitar.
rZYoAtn.jpg

That's a green goddess!

Back