The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Pretty basic, but soooooooo good.

AEE67525-5CF0-4566-B282-03473F379FB0_zpsdprklsjt.jpg

4CB46251-1891-459E-8D56-1A5169FFD71E_zpsm7equdjt.jpg

While I'm not usually a fan of solid colors hiding the natural beauty of wood, I think the contrast between the black and the beautiful mahogany looks really nice. They compliment each other very well :)

Hotness! Absolutely love the finish. They're such a pleasure specced this way -- that rosewood neck will treat you quite well. Congrats!

I love the "feel" of the rosewood neck. Combined with the pattern vintage contour it really is nice.

Beautiful guitar! Love the green. I bet your LP will get very lonely.

It's already used to shared love, I also have two very nice acoustics that are a joy to own and play. Any more guitars at this point will probably make feel guilty that each is not getting the attention it deserves :)

Some beautiful 594s in this thread. I bought a DC 594 Gold Top and is the finest instrument I've ever encountered. I've been play 35 years and had numerous Les Pauls with a strat or tele here and there. This 594 is amazing in every way but I'm a little confused as what to do with it. You see with the manufacturer of said guitar above the first thing I would do is rip out the pots, pickups, tuners and such and start over. I don't have to touch this thing which is strange to me as I like to tinker, out of necessity in my case. Man what a guitar with such a great voice. I can't wait to get a SC 594:) Pics to come

Last edited:
Some beautiful 594s in this thread. I bought a DC 594 Gold Top and is the finest instrument I've ever encountered. I've been play 35 years and had numerous Les Pauls with a strat or tele here and there. This 594 is amazing in every way but I'm a little confused as what to do with it. You see with the manufacturer of said guitar above the first thing I would do is rip out the pots, pickups, tuners and such and start over. I don't have to touch this thing which is strange to me as I like to tinker, out of necessity in my case. Man what a guitar with such a great voice. I can't wait to get a SC 594:) Pics to come

Haha you know, I was thinking that exact same thing earlier and even had something similar typed out, but backed off of it because I didn't want to sound like I was bashing other brands. I love all guitars - really, I do - but I TOTALLY get your point.

Haha you know, I was thinking that exact same thing earlier and even had something similar typed out, but backed off of it because I didn't want to sound like I was bashing other brands. I love all guitars - really, I do - but I TOTALLY get your point.

Thanks for bring that to my attention.I too love all brands and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I will say this, the 594 is my go now to and I haven't been smitten by a guitar like this in my 35 years playing.:)

I love that we're still seeing new converts, and I love a goldtop, too!

Totally get it on the mods thing. I mod everything, even my other PRS guitars! But I've declared my 594 will be mod free. It's perfect for me right out of the box.

Does anyone here know what finish they're using on the 594 Wood Library/Artist Package guitars?

Wood Library will still be their V12 urethane, except I think when they do satin, it's nitro.

Gloss nitro is reserved for Private Stock and a special run here and there.

Garrett's spot-on. However, they can spray the V12 thinner than they could the earlier PRS finishes, and Paul said something about its ingredients being similar to nitro.

Don't ask me how similar, I have no idea. I have both finishes, and they're both super-nice; neither seems to inhibit the tone, though the sound is (to me) a little different.

Last edited:
Thanks for bring that to my attention.I too love all brands and didn't mean for it to come off like that. I will say this, the 594 is my go now to and I haven't been smitten by a guitar like this in my 35 years playing.:)

Oh sorry - I wasn't being critical of you or your post at all. Mostly just making fun of myself. Apologize if it came off wrong. Love that gold top!

Haha yeah well, these boxes are all going out tomorrow to fund my next PRS.... so yeah, I'd say I'm a new convert!! LOL>

Awesome!. As you know I just bought a new 594 and want another one bad, and I've never been like this. And then again I've never had a guitar of this caliber. Can't stop playing the dang thing:cool:

Awesome!. As you know I just bought a new 594 and want another one bad, and I've never been like this. And then again I've never had a guitar of this caliber. Can't stop playing the dang thing:cool:

It's like a disease or addiction. After four new guitars in the last 4 months I've told everyone I know to either shoot or institutionalize me if I even think about buying any more. I just took up guitar in my mid 50s less than a year ago because I wanted to learn how music works the fun way.

I've been remodeling my kitchen the last few months and bad carpal tunnel issues have kept me from playing. Since I can't play I've been keeping the dream alive by buying them instead, but the buck stops here.

No regrets, I now have four really sweet guitars but what I really want is to play them. Worst case it'll be this fall after I've finished all my remodeling and the war wounds have healed. Hopefully I won't be living in a refrigerator box under a bridge with 50 guitars by then :)

Last edited:
Wood Library will still be their V12 urethane, except I think when they do satin, it's nitro.

Gloss nitro is reserved for Private Stock and a special run here and there.

This sounds right from what I was able to gather. I just wasn't sure where they drew the line for the nitro.

Thank you for the intel my friend :)

Hello,

My local store has 3 PRS 594 on stock, so i decided to test them.
I have two Modern Eagle's II and a P22.

When i picked the first one up it just felt right.
The difference in scale was notable and i really liked it.
Playing through an Fender Princeton Reverb the cleans are very nice, (did not test it with Overdrive)
I also liked the split coil options.

The tops on the guitars were not the most fancy one's, but i like the Yellow (MCarty Smoked Burst):
Did not buy it yet...

2ic5fz8.jpg

2z6htuf.jpg

Last edited:
Back