The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

IMG_8630_zpsy5awmczb.jpg

I finally wound up buying a 594 because of this thread, it might be the best PRS ever lol. I just created a NGD thread, but I'll post a pic in this main 594 thread as well since it's likely to be around a long time.

Love it!! Thanks for sharing it here. The vintage flame on that top looks great with the Faded Whale Blue finish! Usually to me that finish seems more modern to me, but yours is a great blend of vintage and modern, with that cool top, in my opinion. Dig it! (That Tremonti on your NGD thread is also killer!)

Glad we could help to corrupt you on this thread! ;)

Hello everyone,

I just discovered this forum yesterday and wanted to say thank you to you all for all of the great info, but mostly for your dedication and passion. I have actually read through all 72 pages.
I got my 594 from Eric at Willcutt's back in November and it is nothing short of amazing and my favorite guitar ever in over 30 years of playing. Eric is such a good guy and we spoke multiple times before I made the final decision. This was actually my first PRS, and I am completely hooked and addicted to the brand now. This is also the first guitar of this caliber that I purchased without playing first as I live in Southern California.
I picked out a Wood Library blue slate, artist top, with Brazil r/w fretboard. I will post pictures when I figure out how to do so...
It beats out my Les Paul's, Charvel's, custom shop fenders, and Suhrs.
It is truly incredible and not just from a sonic perspective. It's beautiful, a work of art and one guitar I know I will never sell or trade, ever!!!

Thanks again,

Jason

Congrats, Jason! Glad you found us here, and yes, we have developed quite a passion here for this awesome 594 model! Your Blue Slate beauty is a nice addition to the thread. Sweet top on that one!

Eric C is a great guy! I have been a happy customer of his since 2008. The PRS dealer community across the board is terrific, some amazing people at the major dealers. But Eric is an extra special buddy for me, we both connected on the DC 245 Ted McCarty special run way back in 2009, which I consider to be a predecessor of the McCarty 594, and he helped keep it alive with 3 great deal Wood Library Runs over the years, which I bought a couple of dozen of, LOL...

LOL. Thanks Pete!! I especially enjoyed your stories and history over this thread. You are very articulate and I really connected with many of your descriptions and detail of these amazing instruments. Eric really is a special person and will be getting my next PRS from them as well.

Cheers

Love it!! Thanks for sharing it here. The vintage flame on that top looks great with the Faded Whale Blue finish! Usually to me that finish seems more modern to me, but yours is a great blend of vintage and modern, with that cool top, in my opinion. Dig it! (That Tremonti on your NGD thread is also killer!)

Glad we could help to corrupt you on this thread! ;)

Thanks man! I agree, despite the color it still has a vintage vibe.

If PRS release a 594 trem, that might be my next guitar. I saw you picked up that private stock one from Brian's (i think), do you still have it? Curious what your thoughts are since a little more time has passed.

Hello everyone,

I just discovered this forum yesterday and wanted to say thank you to you all for all of the great info, but mostly for your dedication and passion. I have actually read through all 72 pages.
I got my 594 from Eric at Willcutt's back in November and it is nothing short of amazing and my favorite guitar ever in over 30 years of playing. Eric is such a good guy and we spoke multiple times before I made the final decision. This was actually my first PRS, and I am completely hooked and addicted to the brand now. This is also the first guitar of this caliber that I purchased without playing first as I live in Southern California.
I picked out a Wood Library blue slate, artist top, with Brazil r/w fretboard. I will post pictures when I figure out how to do so...
It is truly incredible and not just from a sonic perspective. It's beautiful, a work of art and one guitar I know I will never sell or trade, ever!!!

Thanks again,

Jason
Welcome Jason, and fantastic guitar! Glad you are enjoying it so much. I'm sure as you've perused this thread, you've noticed that several of us here have guitars from that Willcutt's run. They did an amazing job with those, and I am still loving mine. I believe it to be a keeper!

Again, welcome, and we look forward to many NGDs from you in the future! ;)

Kevin

Hello everyone,

Thanks again,

Jason

Congrats! Welcome to the Forum!

Welcome Jason, and fantastic guitar! Glad you are enjoying it so much. I'm sure as you've perused this thread, you've noticed that several of us here have guitars from that Willcutt's run. They did an amazing job with those, and I am still loving mine. I believe it to be a keeper!

Again, welcome, and we look forward to many NGDs from you in the future! ;)

Kevin
Thank you so much for the kind words Kevin. Indeed I did notice that some of you had gotten your 594's from the same wood library run as mine came from. That is so cool, actually beyond cool as our guitars are pretty much like family. There was a mash green artist I was looking at, (in fact it's still there) as well as a couple others and Eric played them all for me and highly recommended the one I picked and I couldn't be happier. It will be much easier putting down this kind of money on guitars without playing them with Eric out there to them first!! :)!!!

If PRS release a 594 trem, that might be my next guitar. I saw you picked up that private stock one from Brian's (i think), do you still have it? Curious what your thoughts are since a little more time has passed.

I did indeed grab that Private Stock Trem from Brian's!

I recently sold it to a fellow forum member, who very quickly declared dibs, and was patiently awaiting me to be willing to sell it.

It was absolutely killer! It was very much a 594, but the Trem gave it its own special voice. It was like the Trem was an engine of resonance. Also the Woods combined nicely for killer tone, Black Limba body, Korina neck and Ebony board. That guitar rips! Where in some guitars that LT bridge is a little weak, in that guitar, it screams!

I am not a Trem guy, so I was willing to part with it. Plus I had another couple of expensive purchases I needed to fund! ;)

I can say with confidence, that if PRS ever did a 594 Trem model, or allowed a dealer to a Wood Library run of them, that they would be GREAT!

P.S. One of my purchases mentioned above is a Doublecut, not yet disclosed here. Stayed tuned for it, it is a couple of weeks out, but I am hopeful it will be awesome when it arrives!! :)

Thank you so much for the kind words Kevin. Indeed I did notice that some of you had gotten your 594's from the same wood library run as mine came from. That is so cool, actually beyond cool as our guitars are pretty much like family. There was a mash green artist I was looking at, (in fact it's still there) as well as a couple others and Eric played them all for me and highly recommended the one I picked and I couldn't be happier. It will be much easier putting down this kind of money on guitars without playing them with Eric out there to them first!! :)!!!
Yes!
I've got one of those magical Willcutt WL's.
Welcome and Congrats!
You chose wisely.

Has anyone tried a DGT bridge pickup in a 594? Curious to how it blends with the LT neck.

I really do think you're onto something with that, Sergio. I think the neck carve is the real unsung hero of this guitar. These guitars really have a special feeling in my hands, and I'm thinking this neck carve may be a big reason.

Kevin
The neck profile is definitely why. I like a slightly fatter neck anyway (1950s profile) by there is a slight difference with the asymmetrical profile on this. Like you, I love the feel of that neck. It just melts in your hand and is a pretty darn fast neck to fret on.

So anyone heard if PRS might offer a tremolo double cut version this year? I think they only way today to get that is go Private Stock? If so, just too steep a price to pay to add that.

Has anyone tried a DGT bridge pickup in a 594? Curious to how it blends with the LT neck.

I am curious about that too!

I would try it in a heartbeat, if I had DGT pickups... :)

The neck profile is definitely why. I like a slightly fatter neck anyway (1950s profile) by there is a slight difference with the asymmetrical profile on this. Like you, I love the feel of that neck. It just melts in your hand and is a pretty darn fast neck to fret on.

Yes, I *LOVE* that neck carve! Best PRS Neck Carve ever IMO, and really makes the 594 models well. (Feels just as awesome on the Singlecuts!!)

So anyone heard if PRS might offer a tremolo double cut version this year? I think they only way today to get that is go Private Stock? If so, just too steep a price to pay to add that.

I have not heard anything about that. I would bet no, not this year. Based on what has gone on in the past, my best guess would be that maybe they let a dealer do a Wood Library run of them next year, if anything.

Hot off the presses, a great DC 594 demo by Greg Koch at Wildwood guitars!

I think this demo shows off well the great versatility of the DC 594 and the 5815 LT's, bright and spanky in a classic short scale sort of way, but also dark, thick, meaty when overdriven.

Awesome!!
Cool... But I want his skills; I already have the 594 DC. At 70 years old I figure I might have 15 or 20 years left at best to regain and improve what I started back in 1959 :)

I have not heard anything about that. I would bet no, not this year. Based on what has gone on in the past, my best guess would be that maybe they let a dealer do a Wood Library run of them next year, if anything.

Thanks, we can hope! If you're a dealer and pondering this, put me on the list and/or PM me! ;)

Back