The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

At @Righteous Guitars: Cherry Sunburst!!! *DROOL*

I think it's best if I avoid that side of town until this gets sold.

16864648_659119824270707_3882799562413984623_n.jpg

At @Righteous Guitars: Cherry Sunburst!!! *DROOL*

I think it's best if I avoid that side of town until this gets sold.

16864648_659119824270707_3882799562413984623_n.jpg

That is SMOKING!!

If that were an SC, it would be on its way to me now. I still love the DC's, just catching up with SC's in the collection.

(See the SC Love thread later today for an N5D, coincidentally also from Righteous Guitars!) ;)

I got to touch one of Bodia's 594s for a minute on Monday, I can see why y'all are into 'em. The neck carve is pretty Bangin'!
I really do think you're onto something with that, Sergio. I think the neck carve is the real unsung hero of this guitar. These guitars really have a special feeling in my hands, and I'm thinking this neck carve may be a big reason.

Kevin

I really do think you're onto something with that, Sergio. I think the neck carve is the real unsung hero of this guitar. These guitars really have a special feeling in my hands, and I'm thinking this neck carve may be a big reason.

Kevin

It's like they created this model for me. Probably the best feeling neck I have played, between the back shape, binding and frets.

It's like they created this model for me. Probably the best feeling neck I have played, between the back shape, binding and frets.

Paul told me he made it for me!

(Just kidding!)

LOL... :)

The neck is great, the best of any PRS neck carve ever, or of any brand ever, for me.

The scale length is a key part of it for me. It feels perfect for me, like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, this one is JUST RIGHT! ;) I think it is a key ingredient of the tone as well.

I think those two things are the key two things in my mind, but beyond that it is the sum of the parts of all the other magically awesome things, the frets, the three way in the upper bout, I am sure the electronics (caps, resistors, etc.) have a subtle influence.

The pickups are amazing, too! But other PRS pickups work awesome in there too.

Home runs, both this Doublecut, and the Singlecut!!

I've got one of these...
PRS2016_McCarty594.jpg

But I also want one of these... (the 594 singlecut version)
PRS-singlecut-594-2017-770.png

So I'm wondering which of these I need to sell in order to get one.
PRS-Fall2016_2535x1920.jpg

If you ever run out of room for that SAS please let me know. ;-)

Last edited by a moderator:
Paul told me he made it for me!

(Just kidding!)

LOL... :)

The neck is great, the best of any PRS neck carve ever, or of any brand ever, for me.

The scale length is a key part of it for me. It feels perfect for me, like the story of Goldilocks and the Three Bears, this one is JUST RIGHT! ;) I think it is a key ingredient of the tone as well.

I think those two things are the key two things in my mind, but beyond that it is the sum of the parts of all the other magically awesome things, the frets, the three way in the upper bout, I am sure the electronics (caps, resistors, etc.) have a subtle influence.

The pickups are amazing, too! But other PRS pickups work awesome in there too.

Home runs, both this Doublecut, and the Singlecut!!

I bet Paul says that to all the guys. :p

The scale length did take some getting used to for me, coming from 25" and 25.5" scale guitars. Particularly on the upper frets, I had to establish some new muscle memory to keep bends in tune. Once that was done, it quickly became the most effortless guitar to play.

A home run for sure, as evidenced by this 71 page (Holy cow, and growing!) love thread. They truly got every detail right for my tastes. I maybe finally have a guitar I won't mod! :eek: So yeah, I'm still geeking out over this model regularly.

I've got a Mark V as well. Channel One IS an EL84 channel, and may be selectable on the back, I don't remember.

EDIT: The Mark V:25 Channel One is a dedicated EL84 channel while Channel Two is 6L6. In the Mark V, you can switch the bias to either EL84 or 6L6 on the back of the amp assuming the switch position matches the actual tubes in play. It's cool you can switch it, though. I didn't realize that.

I'm totally confused by your post... Mark V25 is ONLY EL84, Mark V is 6L6 or can also take EL34s. If you are using EL34s in the big Mark V, you may want to PM me as there as been some false info spread about the use of these tubes that could result in short tube life or worse. (Yes, I own both and hang at the Boogie Board).

I'm totally confused by your post... Mark V25 is ONLY EL84, Mark V is 6L6 or can also take EL34s. If you are using EL34s in the big Mark V, you may want to PM me as there as been some false info spread about the use of these tubes that could result in short tube life or worse. (Yes, I own both and hang at the Boogie Board).
Thanks. I realized my error after I checked the back of my amps. Mark V25 is EL84 only, correct. The Mark V is shipped 6L6 but can be rebiased for EL34 by changing tubes and flipping the bias switch on the back. What's the Boogie Board? Sounds legit.

If you do (or have) drop EL34s in the Mark V, run it only in Variac mode. Mesa didn't say it even in the manual originally, but has revised the manual and their advice to run in Variac only on EL34s

And now, back to our 594 love fest!

Ugh this thread is the worst...for my bank account haha. I honestly didn't have a strong interest in the 594 until reading through all 43 pages (all 594s in the thread are amazing, especially Pete's "little" collection), but now I'm definitely planning on picking one up. I just got a tremonti in charcoal burst a few weeks ago, so it'll have to wait unfortunately :(

It's good to see PRS turns almost everyone into addicts, not just myself...I used to be primarily into ESP until about a year and half ago, when I went from having 0 PRS to 8 (the stable is currently at 6 though).

I finally wound up buying a 594 because of this thread, it might be the best PRS ever lol. I just created a NGD thread, but I'll post a pic in this main 594 thread as well since it's likely to be around a long time.

Hello everyone,

I just discovered this forum yesterday and wanted to say thank you to you all for all of the great info, but mostly for your dedication and passion. I have actually read through all 72 pages.
I got my 594 from Eric at Willcutt's back in November and it is nothing short of amazing and my favorite guitar ever in over 30 years of playing. Eric is such a good guy and we spoke multiple times before I made the final decision. This was actually my first PRS, and I am completely hooked and addicted to the brand now. This is also the first guitar of this caliber that I purchased without playing first as I live in Southern California.
I picked out a Wood Library blue slate, artist top, with Brazil r/w fretboard. I will post pictures when I figure out how to do so...
It beats out my Les Paul's, Charvel's, custom shop fenders, and Suhrs.
It is truly incredible and not just from a sonic perspective. It's beautiful, a work of art and one guitar I know I will never sell or trade, ever!!!

Thanks again,

Jason

Back