The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Ugh this thread is the worst...for my bank account haha. I honestly didn't have a strong interest in the 594 until reading through all 43 pages (all 594s in the thread are amazing, especially Pete's "little" collection), but now I'm definitely planning on picking one up. I just got a tremonti in charcoal burst a few weeks ago, so it'll have to wait unfortunately :(

It's good to see PRS turns almost everyone into addicts, not just myself...I used to be primarily into ESP until about a year and half ago, when I went from having 0 PRS to 8 (the stable is currently at 6 though).

Last edited:
Following in Bodia's footsteps here, N5D - Brian's Guitars Wood Library 594, "Violet Blue Burst", IRW Neck, BRW Board, 5909 Bridge/5815 LT Neck pickup configuration!

IMG_0007_zpslzq8aorf.jpg

IMG_0010_zpsngelsqkp.jpg

IMG_0011_zpscavic9zr.jpg

0e39d9c0-cc4a-44e7-b571-00c8e3bf0f96_zpszqlebb76.jpg

Killer top, wild and cool finish, sick grain both in the IRW neck, and the BRW Board.

Mean look with the cool finish and the Black pickup rings and uncovered 5909 bridge pickup!

But wait, something does not look quite right, can't quite place what that is... Wait - I got it, it needs one upgrade to be as it should be:

IMG_0013_zps7z075iil.jpg

Yup, looks MUCH better like that!!

IMG_0015_zpsivgpon1b.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsajhkl9wk.jpg

Totally badass now with the Ebony Tuner Knobs! :)

My first Rosewood Necked guitar since I traded my DC 245 Electric Tiger Private Stock to Howard Leese (now his "Root Beer" guitar). I dig it! Nice to have one in the collection again.

Thanks Brian G, for this cool creation, well done!!

Congrats, Pete!! One of the coolest looking PRS finishes I have seen. Ever. While I typically like dark fretboards, I'm REALLY digging the grain on this brazzy!! (Like the unusual, strongly grained ebony on my 594)

I've never replaced tuner buttons, and I'm not at home. Are the replacements simply screw-on?

Thanks!
Kevin

way cool N5D Pete and the Ebony buttons are the coolest mod (I put a set on my 513 a few months back)
as for the top is so sick in color and grain,BTW is this what they call reverse chevron?

Congrats on yet another killer combination Pete

If that's the same one....your lucky :) I went to Brian's store specifically to purchase this very guitar. Played it some but then Brian said that one in the case over there just came in. In the case was Top number 8(don't have confirmation)? I prefer rosewoods necks so I went with the new arrival instead. It was a hard decision because that is one BEAUTIFUL quilt combined with the black grey fade....stunning! Enjoy your almost stolen gem ;)

Thank my lucky stars! Glad you passed on it! I was actually waiting for #3 since May, but bailed after looking at this one for a couple of weeks.

Congrats, Pete!! One of the coolest looking PRS finishes I have seen. Ever. While I typically like dark fretboards, I'm REALLY digging the grain on this brazzy!! (Like the unusual, strongly grained ebony on my 594)

I've never replaced tuner buttons, and I'm not at home. Are the replacements simply screw-on?

Thanks!
Kevin

They are.

Following in Bodia's footsteps here, N5D - Brian's Guitars Wood Library 594, "Violet Blue Burst", IRW Neck, BRW Board, 5909 Bridge/5815 LT Neck pickup configuration!

IMG_0007_zpslzq8aorf.jpg

IMG_0010_zpsngelsqkp.jpg

IMG_0011_zpscavic9zr.jpg

0e39d9c0-cc4a-44e7-b571-00c8e3bf0f96_zpszqlebb76.jpg

Killer top, wild and cool finish, sick grain both in the IRW neck, and the BRW Board.

Mean look with the cool finish and the Black pickup rings and uncovered 5909 bridge pickup!

But wait, something does not look quite right, can't quite place what that is... Wait - I got it, it needs one upgrade to be as it should be:

IMG_0013_zps7z075iil.jpg

Yup, looks MUCH better like that!!

IMG_0015_zpsivgpon1b.jpg

IMG_0016_zpsajhkl9wk.jpg

Totally badass now with the Ebony Tuner Knobs! :)

My first Rosewood Necked guitar since I traded my DC 245 Electric Tiger Private Stock to Howard Leese (now his "Root Beer" guitar). I dig it! Nice to have one in the collection again.

Thanks Brian G, for this cool creation, well done!!

Looks great Pete! Congrats! I think that one looks better in your pics too! Almost makes me wish I would've waited to see what color #3 ended up being.

Ebony buttons look great too. I've got some Ivory buttons, and an Ivory ring on standby for mine. Thinking about going with one black and one ivory ring based on the fade. We'll see.

Pete! That is one awesome top and color combination! Enjoy! It comes to mind if I waited I could have possibly snagged it :) But I am quite happy with top number 8. Does this mean were all related? If so, relatives share :)

Hi guys, I'm Zaca. Long-time PRS guy. Only three left but have a 594 on the way.
I guess I can't do much here until I make three posts, so this is #1.

By the way; MA Pete, that's a beautiful work of art.
Three of mine are McCarty Brazilian limited, Hollowbody II Artist, and 20th Anniversary CU22 Limited Artist.
This is #2.

Oh, will somebody tell me the actual thickness of the 594? I can only find descriptions.
This is #2.

Thanks

Amazing!
Black Gold was my 1st choice. Tobacco Sunburst 2nd and 3rd (what I ended up with) was/is McCarty Sunburst.
Yours is beautiful. Thanks for posting.
Zaca

First Post! I've been wanting to join this forum since discovering the PRS 594 model. It all started when a PRS Starla caught my eye and I was very impressed with how clear the Humbuckers sounded. I kept going back to the shop and playing it, but I'm really not a Bigsby user and I found the Bigsby arm was in the way of the rear controls. I went back to the store to check out a '59 Les Paul R9 VOS Historic Relic since a friend of mine purchased one and It blew me away. I had typically experience humbucker loaded Les Pauls as being a bit too warm with a huge low end on the neck PU. Those just don't work for me.

So the sales guy started telling me about this new PRS Model that is rivaling and exceeding expectations and equalling many R9 Les Paul Historics. I played it ...and WOW!! I really couldn't afford one the the '59 Les Paul R9 Relics but I wanted to check one out for myself. I never got to it. The PRS McCarty 594 10-top blew my mind. Plays like a million bucks, looks even more amazing, great neck profile, exceptional fretwork, Locking tuners and weighed less than most Les Pauls. DANG! That is a LOT of value in one guitar. So I went home and have been slowing reading every post in this 44 page thread!

Color me Impressed!

Back