The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

New Private Stock 594 2 Piece Bridge Day!!

Before:

IMG_1062_zps3rgpxi47.jpg

After:

IMG_0005_zpsi3iawm2s.jpg

Aahhh, much better! I love the mixed/hybrid hardware look, but I am not a fan of the gold hardware look. I think this looks MUCH better!! Especially with this finish.

I am not sure if I imagining things, but it seems to sound a little better, too! :)

Much better than the gold, and I'm generally a fan of gold!

I also think it looks better now and if you hear it sounds better it´s a double win.

I'm not usually a fan of gold but I actually prefer the gold with this reddish top. It could be the pic - nevertheless, great looking guitar.

SC Thickness Body, Mahogany Neck and Brazilian Board and Veneer. They had the most highly figured Mahogany Neck blanks I have ever seen, and they were very musical. That piece of Brazilian is super dark and chocolatey, love that!

IMG_1093_zpswgl3lf2u.jpg

Top for the SC Thickness one - awesome!!

IMG_0187_zpsj4lixtb7.jpg

Mahogany body, Korina Neck and IRW Board and Veneer for the other one:

IMG_1090_zpshfhbsyet.jpg

Top for the Korina Necked one:

IMG_1099_zpsq9dw1kym.jpg

I was going for more so vintage looking tops, with cross-grain and some mineral flecks.

They had a great selection of woods there, for tops, necks and boards. Best of any trip I have had there.

Here are the Chain Knots:

Chain%20Knots%201_zpsdgahrtxb.jpg

Chain%20Knots%202_zpsa7m3vpdn.jpg

Brian%20G%20other%20guitar%20with%20Inlays%204_zps6nqgouvl.jpg

The "Edge Knots" have a little more intricate detail. I liked them both, but like the Edge Knots a little better, going to give them a try.
Hey Pete is the "SC thickness" thicker than the 594? Thanks! Really dig your choices and can't wait to see some pics and thoughts!!

Hey Pete is the "SC thickness" thicker than the 594? Thanks! Really dig your choices and can't wait to see some pics and thoughts!!

Thanks!

Yes, the SC thickness is thicker than the 594 thickness. I am not sure how much, but confirmed to be thicker than the 594 thickness, which is also thicker than the old McCarty/DGT thickness.

Top # 1 from Brian's WL 594 run, Quilt Gray-Black Fade. The gray actually looks more like a sandy color near the horns. Perhaps that's an optical trick due to the natural back, or the binding. It's more apparent when viewed from the side. Awesome Ebony board with sweet Sparkle MOP Birds and Paua outlines. The back has some very nice ribbon to it, and the neck is awesomely figured. The 59/09 in the bridge adds some additional roar to this bad boy. I really, really dig it! Hat's off to Brian for spec-ing a great run!

I haven't A/B'd this with the Dave's WL 594 I acquired from Pete a couple months back. I'll have to put some time on both over the weekend to see just how different the pickups and ebony board sound when compared to the "core" specs (with a brazzy board though).

I had to cop Pete's stool pose (not that kind of stool!) for some of the pics. It was the only way I could get rid of the glare from the florescent lights in the basement. It's gray and overcast in the Chicago area today.

20160923_082304_zps4q8x3aw8.jpg

20160923_082419_zpse7y2mrfb.jpg

20160923_082402_zpsu3uxjgxv.jpg

20160923_082701_zpsha5oru9z.jpg

20160923_082642_zpslsx9wmlq.jpg

20160923_082050_zpsjzteoj8w.jpg

20160923_082057_zpsmjspjx1o.jpg

Beautiful! Congratulations! I'm really impressed by the figuring on the neck as well. Looking forward to your comparisons with the 58/15 equipped 594.

Kevin

Awesome N5D, congrats Bodia! That looks really great, even better in your pics versus the Brian's pics IMO, I like how the Natural back reels it back into balancing vintage versus modern visually, and pulls out the earth tones from the top of the top fade.

It is turning out to be a Brian's Guitars WL N5D week here in Illinois, mine is "Out for Delivery" as we speak!!

:)

Awesome N5D, congrats Bodia! That looks really great, even better in your pics versus the Brian's pics IMO, I like how the Natural back reels it back into balancing vintage versus modern visually, and pulls out the earth tones from the top of the top fade.

It is turning out to be a Brian's Guitars WL N5D week here in Illinois, mine is "Out for Delivery" as we speak!!

:)

Nice! When I talked to him Monday I told him he might as well ship yours to me too since we're so close!

Top # 1 from Brian's WL 594 run, Quilt Gray-Black Fade. The gray actually looks more like a sandy color near the horns. Perhaps that's an optical trick due to the natural back, or the binding. It's more apparent when viewed from the side. Awesome Ebony board with sweet Sparkle MOP Birds and Paua outlines. The back has some very nice ribbon to it, and the neck is awesomely figured. The 59/09 in the bridge adds some additional roar to this bad boy. I really, really dig it! Hat's off to Brian for spec-ing a great run!

I haven't A/B'd this with the Dave's WL 594 I acquired from Pete a couple months back. I'll have to put some time on both over the weekend to see just how different the pickups and ebony board sound when compared to the "core" specs (with a brazzy board though).

I had to cop Pete's stool pose (not that kind of stool!) for some of the pics. It was the only way I could get rid of the glare from the florescent lights in the basement. It's gray and overcast in the Chicago area today.

If that's the same one....your lucky :) I went to Brian's store specifically to purchase this very guitar. Played it some but then Brian said that one in the case over there just came in. In the case was Top number 8(don't have confirmation)? I prefer rosewoods necks so I went with the new arrival instead. It was a hard decision because that is one BEAUTIFUL quilt combined with the black grey fade....stunning! Enjoy your almost stolen gem ;)

Back