The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Maybe take the pups out of that guitar and put them in the new one. Even though the pups are suppose to be the same you can get a set that is JUST RIGHT. Give it a try.

No way!! I am not touching that Tobacco guitar, it is PERFECT as is! I have learned not to mess with perfection.

;)

Anybody has A/B a rosewood neck 594 and a mahogany neck 594? Lately I'm wondering differences between these two. Sound, feelings, weight...

Anybody?

And talking about a hypothetical SC594, that's why the 594 is so special and the reason Paul nailed it. The doublecut shape is an automatic "it's a PRS" response, whereas a singlecut would be another verse in the "PRS chasing Gibson" song.

N5D for me!!! I'm so fortunate to live close to Brian's!!! Great shop and great people! Anyway....I dropped in to look at a quilt top 594 in charcoal grey fade. A wood library run. As I was looking at it Brian says "that one in the case just came in from FedEx". I opened it up and the rest is history. I like the rosewood necks and this one had one in addition to a brazilian board. The added wood library option of a 59/09 in the bridge sealed the deal. This guitar can do it all!!!

N5D for me!!! I'm so fortunate to live close to Brian's!!! Great shop and great people! Anyway....I dropped in to look at a quilt top 594 in charcoal grey fade. A wood library run. As I was looking at it Brian says "that one in the case just came in from FedEx". I opened it up and the rest is history. I like the rosewood necks and this one had one in addition to a brazilian board. The added wood library option of a 59/09 in the bridge sealed the deal. This guitar can do it all!!!

Awesome and congrats! That looks killer! I've got one of his WL's on hold. Waiting for it to get done!

Noice

flyfisher,
Dayam son! That guitar is magnificent!
And you lucky bastid, living near Brian's! I'm here in Florida, but Brian is my dealer.
Enjoy that bad boy! :)
Stephen

Reactions: CVS
flyfisher,
Dayam son! That guitar is magnificent!
And you lucky bastid, living near Brian's! I'm here in Florida, but Brian is my dealer.
Enjoy that bad boy! :)
Stephen
Thanks Stephen, It's a blessing living close to such fine guitars and the staff at Brians Guitars. Top notch dealer....none better. I also get to go to a clinic in October that Brian is hosting with none other than Paul Reed Smith, David Grissom and I believe Mark Holcomb!!! :)

Flyfisherx - That is one awesome 594! I really like the inlays. It is probably a very good good thing that I don't live anywhere near Brian's store:D

Whoa, killer top and finish!! That top and finish go together really well, and the black rings are great too, especially with the uncovered bridge. Killer grain in the board.

I bet it plays and sounds great!

Congrats!

That 5815 LT Neck Pickup is so sweet, I think Brian G is onto something here with the LT in the neck and a 5909 in the Bridge. I snagged an uncovered 5909 last week, I just may have to try that myself! ;)

IMG_1095_zpsipjwgnrq.jpg

Great day yesterday at the Private Stock Vault!!

Whoa, killer top and finish!! That top and finish go together really well, and the black rings are great too, especially with the uncovered bridge. Killer grain in the board.

I bet it plays and sounds great!

Congrats!

That 5815 LT Neck Pickup is so sweet, I think Brian G is onto something here with the LT in the neck and a 5909 in the Bridge. I snagged an uncovered 5909 last week, I just may have to try that myself! ;)

Thanks MA Pete! Yes Brian is onto something! It does play and sound great! That 59/09 in the bridge is there if you want it hot and the neck 58/15 when not so hot...but these 58/15 LT are killer PUPS too. Awesome combination!

Also MA Pete....Nice post in the private stock vault. That is one S#$t eating grin you have there! Very lucky guy.

Thanks! Brian called it Black Gold Burst. All I know is it was very striking when I opened up the case and saw it for the first time :)

Yes, Black Gold Burst. Also, it is cool to note that the Core 594 Model offers Black Gold also, but only in the "Wraparound" Burst without the faux Maple binding around the body, which I don't care for as much. For the Wood Library 594's, PRS has been doing them with the Maple body binding. That makes them extra special and unique, in my opinion! I dig those, I would love one for my killer 594 collection, just haven't been able to snag one yet! LOL... ;)

Also MA Pete....Nice post in the private stock vault. That is one S#$t eating grin you have there! Very lucky guy.

I am a very lucky guy, I do know that! :)

I will post more details on the trip and the 2 spec'ed guitars here soon...

The new red one looks sooooo different in the shot above - much darker (cool!)

Yeah, from afar it looks pretty "mean" and dark red.

I have a Nickel plated 2-piece bridge on the way for it, when I get that put on I think I will throw in the uncovered 5909 in the Bridge. And maybe some Black Pickup rings...

:)

Reactions: FJ4
Back