The Official "McCarty 594" Love Thread!!

Well, it's not as much a commitment as it is an inflexibility around scale length, likely driven by lack of skills! ;) But I appreciate the sentiment.

Nah, it's great when you find the right recipe for you. Congrats, Pete, and glad you've found your home. :cool:

Which of your 245 cast offs are available, and where?

Well, the awesome Dave's Wood Library 594 in Burnt Orange *was* available, until a few hours ago, it is sold now.

HJ6FpyGYHYGOtJDi-dkHvzuMksL3O2YB0-BKgiuHlTCEpjDMCeqZsPOWL6ZP_rHks4NsuzSc-QK9UaI0MVi8olXtMP1qtZHr1rhugzn72MhsCxXRXOLQVuzXYiXEWnfgc8NcRG8wWKpKizz2VLR_6O5caZOtb666s4tH4BH5Ym1lM_HIwICWINU5U01EIfX-NhhsK59DhztP1hzX2yHMk4FK3wlBJzRKDcwJ7WqfR5KwHPdZmOriB4hvM-qd2cxv78PMH__OvAuiPuxlH0DMuWvQfqKabab6zxOWyhWd7q23IjWb8HNt_M8ILLuMi9e3lrTI8Mn41e6GedaCI9By7ntuEyFbvXInmsX2gqo8ievyn9VhBu9X4EoIo2Y9CnLReBGPe5sea5bgmE5QPB3q_BxC6BmUpnljFhPtfApiJRI5WpqfXF18WCdhYu937xWkqzPBr7wqhPqMvODbaw_Oiov6PGxqDLe1lJVQ45GbZE-kWfJqHe_bixOlnG2d6TigLKfJWJt-7wC-8q_ly2BxvbRozysNwwzu3ZbB_j0Z50MFbSdDdN9Cn2uTiMZMED1d53lX389DqCggNdG2n9_xxXmdR-SRuHph=w1794-h1250-no

It is a great one, Brazilian Board and great Wood Library top, and awesome playability and tone! I let it go only because I seem to feel the need to build a collection of vintage-bursted 594's.

The rest (Core 594's in "Honey" and "Green Metallic" and Willcutt's Wood Library 594's in "Livingston Lemonburst" and "Vintage Sunburst") are staying in the collection, at least for now. ;)

Nah, it's great when you find the right recipe for you. Congrats, Pete, and glad you've found your home. :cool:

Kingsley:

Thanks for the kind words! It does feel like home.

Last time you and I were together in person (that was an EPIC gear shootout that day!), I was going from my first Ted Phase back to the 25" PRSi, as they were coming out with some pretty darn cool 25 inchers at the time, the Wood Library DGT's (was that *the* first Wood Library Run?) and the Shootout McCarty's, both of which you and I had the good fortune to experience. Great guitars, and great memories for me with those guitars, I played the DGT at BB King's in Nashville, and the Shootout McCarty at the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! :)

As you know, I ended up going back to the Ted's later in full force. It turns out, "home" for me is somewhere between the two, a little closer to the Ted side! ;)

Cool pic of your Walker, thanks for sharing that is response to Les' ramblings of a Patina 594 PS. I remember seeing that before, killer guitar and finish...

Hope all is well!

-Pete

Well, the awesome Dave's Wood Library 594 in Burnt Orange *was* available, until a few hours ago, it is sold now.

HJ6FpyGYHYGOtJDi-dkHvzuMksL3O2YB0-BKgiuHlTCEpjDMCeqZsPOWL6ZP_rHks4NsuzSc-QK9UaI0MVi8olXtMP1qtZHr1rhugzn72MhsCxXRXOLQVuzXYiXEWnfgc8NcRG8wWKpKizz2VLR_6O5caZOtb666s4tH4BH5Ym1lM_HIwICWINU5U01EIfX-NhhsK59DhztP1hzX2yHMk4FK3wlBJzRKDcwJ7WqfR5KwHPdZmOriB4hvM-qd2cxv78PMH__OvAuiPuxlH0DMuWvQfqKabab6zxOWyhWd7q23IjWb8HNt_M8ILLuMi9e3lrTI8Mn41e6GedaCI9By7ntuEyFbvXInmsX2gqo8ievyn9VhBu9X4EoIo2Y9CnLReBGPe5sea5bgmE5QPB3q_BxC6BmUpnljFhPtfApiJRI5WpqfXF18WCdhYu937xWkqzPBr7wqhPqMvODbaw_Oiov6PGxqDLe1lJVQ45GbZE-kWfJqHe_bixOlnG2d6TigLKfJWJt-7wC-8q_ly2BxvbRozysNwwzu3ZbB_j0Z50MFbSdDdN9Cn2uTiMZMED1d53lX389DqCggNdG2n9_xxXmdR-SRuHph=w1794-h1250-no

It is a great one, Brazilian Board and great Wood Library top, and awesome playability and tone!

Oh yes it is! I won't even have put up pics cuz they're already here! Looking forward to it!

Oh yes it is! I won't even have put up pics cuz they're already here! Looking forward to it!

Amazing!! Congrats!! You just couldn't wait, could you?

I think I may try going part time at work. Plan is to follow Pete around like a lost puppy, just waiting for crumbs and scraps!!!!

Kevin

Amazing!! Congrats!! You just couldn't wait, could you?

I think I may try going part time at work. Plan is to follow Pete around like a lost puppy, just waiting for crumbs and scraps!!!!

Kevin

Nope. Couldn't wait anymore. Actually, I'll still get the one I have on hold from Brian's WL run. Since those are 59/09 and ebony I kept thinking I'd really like to try/have one with both LT pickups and a rosewood board. When Pete mentioned he was moving his to make room for more, I searched it out. Too good to pass up. Plus, I find out he's within 10 miles of me, so I don't have to wait for the big brown truck.

Nope. Couldn't wait anymore. Actually, I'll still get the one I have on hold from Brian's WL run. Since those are 59/09 and ebony I kept thinking I'd really like to try/have one with both LT pickups and a rosewood board. When Pete mentioned he was moving his to make room for more, I searched it out. Too good to pass up. Plus, I find out he's within 10 miles of me, so I don't have to wait for the big brown truck.

I know exactly how you feel. I cancelled my Brian WL order when I got a PS 594 from him just recently (NGD to come... When I can take some decent pictures !) Specs are definitely different from the Core and GOM, though, aside from the pickups. Given that, I know that I'm also going to want (need?) a 594 with the standard specs to round it out!!

Enjoy it, and please report back!
Kevin

The rest (Core 594's in "Honey" and "Green Metallic" and Willcutt's Wood Library 594's in "Livingston Lemonburst" and "Vintage Sunburst") are staying in the collection, at least for now. ;)

-Pete

I thought you meant some of your previous 24.5 builds (not 594) were at some of dealers - just wondered which ones.

I know exactly how you feel. I cancelled my Brian WL order when I got a PS 594 from him just recently (NGD to come... When I can take some decent pictures !) Specs are definitely different from the Core and GOM, though, aside from the pickups. Given that, I know that I'm also going to want (need?) a 594 with the standard specs to round it out!!

Enjoy it, and please report back!
Kevin

You can count on it! Looking forward to your NGD!

I thought you meant some of your previous 24.5 builds (not 594) were at some of dealers - just wondered which ones.
Well his Jade Glow DC is in the hands of a new owner; not me and they haven't come forward yet.

His old Citrus Glow PSi are out there; DC at Infinity Guitars (TX) and SC at Willcutt's

Seeing Alter Bridge tonight with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed. Hope to see that axe in action.

Enjoy!! I hope it is fantastic! I'm seeing the show in 2 weeks at Red Rocks. I've heard AB only plays 5 or 6 songs. Too bad!!

Kevin

Hey Pete,

From where is this screenshot taken??

Thanks!
Kevin

https://www.instagram.com/p/BIlUnBxBI_Z/

Alan/yankeebulldog sent it to me.

Seeing Alter Bridge tonight with Breaking Benjamin and Disturbed. Hope to see that axe in action.

Awesome, enjoy the show!

That would be great to see some shots of of the 594. A quick Google Images search didn't pick up a 594, but he does seem to have a couple of Singlecuts I hadn't seen before, one in Cherry Burst and another in McCarty Burst, both with Moons, plus a Black Gold Stoptail Cu22...

Back