The Official 'Collection Series' Thread

It's true, once you play a collection guitar it kind of reduces or eliminates your PRS GAS. These guitars are so different and great that nothing seems to compare. When I was at the 2013 PRS Experience I mentioned this to a couple guys that work in the final assembly area. They both agreed that they felt the same way about how great the collection guitars are. The bottom line is that every private stock I play has similar magic. It's just a great guitar!

By my calculations there are only 7 or 8 International Collection Vs out there, so you may have quite a wait for one to come up for sale!!!

The bottom line is that every private stock I play has similar magic. It's just a great guitar!

For me, the Collections are a step above PS. I have three other PS and the Collection V is the "best" of the bunch in every way.

Some of the most rad guitars I've ever played were Collection Series instruments. I'm normally not a big fan of Rosewood necks but the Coral Snake McCarty 408 I played was life altering. The Collection DGT I played was also the same experience. I think those Celtic Knots are some ancient X-Files action and alter your mind to believe that you're holding the best guitar ever made. That or they simply are. I'm going with X-Files!!!

By my calculations there are only 7 or 8 International Collection Vs out there, so you may have quite a wait for one to come up for sale!!!

I'm sure there are no more than that, but I am very patient. If I was a betting man, I would predict it might take 7-8 years before one shows up.

I'm not sure why it's listed as Coral Snake in a few places? The colour of the V is Blue Tourmaline with Smoked Burst...

I'm sure there are no more than that, but I am very patient. If I was a betting man, I would predict it might take 7-8 years before one shows up.

In the meantime I know where you can get International BRW neck/board guitars. :tongue:

Back