The Official 'Collection Series' Thread

Ok, cool. Wanted to clarify as some forums can be a little bit nitpicky about thread topics :D And thanks for the welcome, Markie! :rock:

Here is my latest. By far the finest guitar I have ever played...
CollectionElectric054_1534copy_zpsac5a9580.jpg

Bit of a special NGD this one. Its a Collection Santana (or Stan Tanner as I like to call them). But they don't do a Collection Santana you say! Nope, this is a one-off.

It has all the normal Collection appointments; Pernambuco neck, Madagascar fingerboard and headstock. South American Mahogany body with curly maple top. Mammoth ivory and paua Hollow Celtic Knot inlays. Nitro finish, 57/08 pups with Santana I switching. Colour is Faded McCarty Sunburst (and is luminous).

Its pretty light at 7lbs 8oz. Going to have to brush up on my Santana switching. I had always assumed the pair of switches just controlled each pup, buts its plainly more complex than that :)

COLSA-3.jpg

COLSA-1.jpg

COLSA-2.jpg

COLSA-4.jpg

COLSA-5.jpg

Oh that thing is just sick! That's one hell of a grab! Congrats on that one. Don't let it outta your sight!

While I don't own a Collection I recently had the privilege to play a few. I must say they were all very impressive. The mojo they possess is quite strong. I especially liked the BRW McCarty with 408's and the DGT. Coral Snake is a brilliant color as is the one used for the DGT. Great, great guitars.

While I don't own a Collection I recently had the privilege to play a few. I must say they were all very impressive. The mojo they possess is quite strong. I especially liked the BRW McCarty with 408's and the DGT. Coral Snake is a brilliant color as is the one used for the DGT. Great, great guitars.

That collection DGT is awesome. Then the Brent Mason was brilliant. The one I really wanted to take home was the international V. It is amazing how they stepped it up for those guitars.

Bit of a special NGD this one. Its a Collection Santana (or Stan Tanner as I like to call them). But they don't do a Collection Santana you say! Nope, this is a one-off.

It has all the normal Collection appointments; Pernambuco neck, Madagascar fingerboard and headstock. South American Mahogany body with curly maple top. Mammoth ivory and paua Hollow Celtic Knot inlays. Nitro finish, 57/08 pups with Santana I switching. Colour is Faded McCarty Sunburst (and is luminous).

Its pretty light at 7lbs 8oz. Going to have to brush up on my Santana switching. I had always assumed the pair of switches just controlled each pup, buts its plainly more complex than that :)

COLSA-3.jpg

COLSA-1.jpg

COLSA-2.jpg

COLSA-4.jpg

COLSA-5.jpg

Oooooh!!! I'm jealous. Congrats.

That collection DGT is awesome. Then the Brent Mason was brilliant. The one I really wanted to take home was the international V. It is amazing how they stepped it up for those guitars.

;)

Mine is a complete and utter game changer for me. I haven't bought or even lusted after another guitar since:

20121019_153343.jpg

Back