The Official Carlos Santana thread. (The place for all things Carlos)

Hello, I'm new on this forum and so i can't post any link for now
but i'd like to share with you my beautiful Acoustic Jazzy cover of the song Europa.

You can easily find it on youtube with the key words: Europa cover ultimate smooth

Let me know what you're think about and if you like it please join my channel for lot more

Kind Regards

Descent article on "the Man"!

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/carlos-santana-interview-world-literally-161439677.html

And a CLASSIC photo of Carlos and John McLaughlin (and their meditation guru Sri Chinmoy) from 1972:
01a163ce8a604914f2852104fa042d99

Given his age, I would bet he had a 'stent' or two installed. I had two installed March 2018 and was in and out of the hospital in 36 hours...but you have to 'relax' and 'chill' for about 30 days afterward.

Fame is a curse! Even your medical procedures are expected to be detailed in full report for fans (short for "fanatics")!! The money that usually comes with it is great I am sure, but loosing your privacy is a huge price!!!

Santana - Cover article of February issue Premier Guitar!

"Feedback is good for you! The legend says the world needs to be “far out,” and he’s cut a new album, Blessings and Miracles, to take it there. He talks about his fabled tone, advice from Miles Davis, his search for universal melodies, and stepping outside the cage."

It is an interesting, five page article. Probably not much new for us Carlos disciples/students but still interesting. Talking about his tone, "I need four or five microphones on my amp in a room: one in front, one behind, one above, one right on the speaker and one as far away as possible.....I go to each microphone and adjust the position until I get it right".

The last paragraph is pure Santanaese:
He continues: "How do you get into a solo that's in the same place Charlie Parker, Beethoven, or Stravinsky would go to? We can get to that same place. It's called The Sanctum-of-My-Intelligence Hang-Out. People say to me, "That's far-out, dude! How do I get there?' Practice removing your mind from the room and allow your light-spirit and soul to create music outside of gravity and time. You have to get out of the cage and dive into the unknown and the unpredictable"

SantanaFebrPremier.jpg

Back