The Official Carlos Santana thread. (The place for all things Carlos)

thanks so much! that's what I do for a living so good to know that I'm doing ok.
Doing much better than "ok"! ;) I started shooting film in around 1980 or so, just as a passionate hobby. Then a decade or so ago started doing some professional shooting, primarily equine sports, just on the side. Retired four or five years ago and have hardly fired a shutter since. I would like to get back to my first love, landscape photography, at some point.

Doing much better than "ok"! ;) I started shooting film in around 1980 or so, just as a passionate hobby. Then a decade or so ago started doing some professional shooting, primarily equine sports, just on the side. Retired four or five years ago and have hardly fired a shutter since. I would like to get back to my first love, landscape photography, at some point.
I hope you get back to it. In 2015 I started shooting concerts and haven't stopped (aside from the current pandemic situation). I have been fortunate to be picked up by a touring band and have loved every minute of it. I hope to branch out and shoot some different stuff and try my hand at that.

In 2019 (before I owned my first PRS) my girl won a trip to Vegas to see him! We had a great time, awesome show!! Very intimate setting at the House of Blues there!!! He is still doing his residency there, so if you get to Vegas, check that show out!!!

A friend who is a pilot for United had him on a flight in 2019, and wanted to say hi to Carlos. Carlos refused to do anything but look straight ahead sitting in his seat when the pilot of the plane approached. My friend said to his wife "Tell him it is an honor to have him aboard!" and walked back to the cockpit. As a result of that story, whenever I see him about town (and I have on 3 or 4 occasions in the past 2 years or so), I do not approach him ;~))

Great player and great taste in guitars!!!

In 2019 (before I owned my first PRS) my girl won a trip to Vegas to see him! We had a great time, awesome show!! Very intimate setting at the House of Blues there!!! He is still doing his residency there, so if you get to Vegas, check that show
Great player and great taste in guitars!!!

We saw one of the last HOB shows before the shutdown

In my post above one can see him play. Here one can see and hear him speak. Interviewed by Cooper Anderson and a lady (who I don't know who she is.) Much "Santanaese", "time is an illusion", "reprogram your whole molecular structure" o_O The interview must have taken place after the concert was delayed for weather.

In my post above one can see him play. Here one can see and hear him speak. Interviewed by Cooper Anderson and a lady (who I don't know who she is.) Much "Santanaese", "time is an illusion", "reprogram your whole molecular structure" o_O The interview must have taken place after the concert was delayed for weather.

Saw that as well, and yes it was after they pulled the plug.
They got a few acts who were waiting to get back on stage to do impromptu unplugged songs, such as the Killers - Mr. Brightside.

That was monster.
I think I counted 3 PRS guitars before they pulled the plug that night.
It was monster and I have to say I am getting more tolerant of "Smooth". For the longest time I hated it, until now! But I think it was just (over)reaction to to hearing it every eff*&^ing time I turned on the radio or went into a store that was playing the radio back then. Listening to it now, and melo'ing a bit, Mr. Santana does have some pretty awesome, pretty tasty playing.

It was monster and I have to say I am getting more tolerant of "Smooth". For the longest time I hated it, until now! But I think it was just (over)reaction to to hearing it every eff*&^ing time I turned on the radio or went into a store that was playing the radio back then. Listening to it now, and melo'ing a bit, Mr. Santana does have some pretty awesome, pretty tasty playing.
Carlos has a great habit of showcasing talent that we may not have recognized before. Rob Thomas was one of those people for me. Oversaturated airwaves notwithstanding.o_O

Back