The Official Carlos Santana thread. (The place for all things Carlos)

Carlos talking about his new album, Africa Speaks, with a Las Vegas TV channel. They also talk to the lady vocalist on the album. I, unfortunately, forget her name.

Saw Carlos and band last night (Doobie Brothers opening act... "oooh look, that guy plays birds too!" as my wife said). Carlos played 2 different guitars all night - both were single cut McCartys - one in gold leaf and the other in what looked like the aforementioned Salmon color in this thread.

When did he go to the McCartys and the single cuts?

I'll post pics tonight when I get home... most certainly 2 single cut McCartys (I was 3rd row and could see them quite clearly).

Saw Carlos and band last night (Doobie Brothers opening act... "oooh look, that guy plays birds too!" as my wife said). Carlos played 2 different guitars all night - both were single cut McCartys - one in gold leaf and the other in what looked like the aforementioned Salmon color in this thread.

When did he go to the McCartys and the single cuts?

The SC would be his version. 24 frets.

Average temperature in Austin on July 9th: 96 degrees(f)....no shade...
When I was little and we were down in my mom’s home town...Taylor...they observed siesta during the summer. My grandparents had several giant pecan trees in their backyard and it was totally shaded, but it was still sweltering. We went in at about 11:30am and weren’t allowed to go back out until about 1:30pm. Even the stores in town closed, iirc. That was in the late 60s and early 70s.

Going to a concert without cover? Forget that!

Back