The Official Carlos Santana thread. (The place for all things Carlos)

Carlos Santana is arguably one of, if not the, greatest guitarists ever. I don't know how anyone could argue against the fact he is one of the classiest guys that ever lived.

Suicide is epidemic on the Pine Ridge Indian Reservation in South Dakota. It is especially true among teens. The statistics are staggering.

This is a public service announcement that Carlos did directed to the Lakota people of Pine Ridge. You probably don't want to watch the entire PSA. Just know that he sent this out to them.

2019 Tour Poster:

1L010X7.jpg

I saw earlier that he'll be in Atlanta on 4/24/19. Definitely going to catch this one. I've passed up seeing him several times. Need to scratch a Santana show off my bucket list!

I saw earlier that he'll be in Atlanta on 4/24/19. Definitely going to catch this one. I've passed up seeing him several times. Need to scratch a Santana show off my bucket list!
The nice feature of Santana concerts is that there is material for whatever period of his music you like. If you like his early stuff, he is going to play Oye Como Va and Black Magic Woman for you. If you like his later stuff (which I don't) he is probably going to do Maria, Maria and Smooth for you.
The last time I saw him they started with Toussaint L'Overture. I knew it was going to be a great concert!

He is doing a residency at the House of Blues again in Las Vegas in January. We are probably going to go see him.

Love this thread... Carlos has been a huge influence since I saw him in 1987 on the "Blues for Salvador" tour. My favorite era is back to the beginning, the first 3 albums are the shizzle. Plus Neal Schon is a badass too... Can't wait to find time to check out all the videos in here plus post a few.

Love this thread... Carlos has been a huge influence since I saw him in 1987 on the "Blues for Salvador" tour. My favorite era is back to the beginning, the first 3 albums are the shizzle. Plus Neal Schon is a badass too... Can't wait to find time to check out all the videos in here plus post a few.
Blues for Salvador is one of his greatest and, at the same time, most underrated albums. "Bella" from it is one of my top 3? favorite Santana songs.

Was watching the US Festival (1982) footage recently.
Herbie Hancock joined them for a tune.
Great to see Rual Reckow in his prime (RIP).
This seemed to be a current production. There were obviously modern interview spots spliced in.

Made me go look at a Santana III today, but I’m just not a whammy guy. Liked the neck though.

I was curious about the length of the class, etc, so I sent customer support an email for more info...here's their response...

"Thanks for contacting us and for your interest in Carlos Santana’s MasterClass! I'd be happy to provide you with a little more information on this class. The class is comprised of 13+ video lessons which totals just over 3 hours of content where Carlos will teach students how he approaches guitar to create distinct, soulful sounds that move audiences.

In addition to the video lessons, students will also receive a downloadable class workbook. To supplement the videos and workbook, students will be able to connect through a private student group on our online community called the Hub and through discussions directly on the MasterClass website. Finally, Carlos will have Office Hours where students can submit questions to Carlos and he will answer questions that are representative of what the class is asking. All of Carlos's answers will be posted on the site."

Three hours with Carlos?...What's not to like?...

Lotus ? Lots of interesting stuff here
Thanks
I may have missed it but I don’t think anyone mentioned lotus. In my humble opinion it’s one of the best (perhaps the best.) live recording ever

New EP due out on January 25th...

https://store.santana.com/santana-in-search-of-mona-lisa-ep-preorder.html

Anyone buy the Master Class?

I'm shocked no one has announced buying it yet. I guess it will have to be me. Sort of my duty to all of you on here:cool:

Lotus ? Lots of interesting stuff here
Thanks
I may have missed it but I don’t think anyone mentioned lotus. In my humble opinion it’s one of the best (perhaps the best.) live recording ever
Truth.

Back