The Official Carlos Santana thread. (The place for all things Carlos)

He was on a Sunday morning talk show about a year ago and playing a Strat. I was shocked.

Don't be, over the years he's went to the well a few times to tap the spanky strat sound.

eSkkuTH.jpg

iRWUngx.jpg

Santana is the main driving for me when it comes to my initial interest in both PRS and the electric guitar. Fast forward a bit and I've gone off the deep end playing death metal, go figure.

Santana is the main driving for me when it comes to my initial interest in both PRS and the electric guitar. Fast forward a bit and I've gone off the deep end playing death metal, go figure.
That is "off the deep end"! I'm not saying wrong, just very curious.

That is "off the deep end"! I'm not saying wrong, just very curious.

I was initially raised on a lot of singer-songwriter, classic-rock/blues-rock from those older than me, and from my peers they exposed me to rap and pop. Like most other things, some of I liked, but some of it bored me pretty quickly. But by fortune, I suppose, I was eventually introduced to heavy metal in its entirety in high school and college, including thrash, prog, melodeath, and so on. It was a breath of fresh air for me, especially over the stuff that was spammed pretty hard during that time on the radio, too, regarding hard rock and grunge.

Santana is the main driving for me when it comes to my initial interest in both PRS and the electric guitar.

Pretty much the same for me, *AND* he's a great stepping stone or pathway into other forms of music because there are so many elements to his sound.
I moved on to Jazz which was a good part of his influences.

Back