The Oak Floor

And finally, The Dog (aka, the Dog of Frankenstein). Here is what well under $600 will buy in 2016 dollars: borderline basket case 1998 CU24 #838183. Got a separate thread going on this one, but here is the standard pic.I gotta admit, there was some shade tree mechanics going on, but the previous owner kept it alive, and this old dog will still hunt. She needs a trem, right now there is a MIM Strat trem on there (lending credence to the old rumor of "Paul Smith fixes his broken guitars with foreign fender parts, then sells them on Baltimore craigslist"). Going to get a Mann NOS PRS trem for it. Already have pickups and harness from a `95 CE24 that were intended for an SE, but this is the more worthy candidate. Winged tuners all present and complete. Only other plan is to get the back reshot to the original color, and proceed to play the.... you get the idea.
DSC_0455_zps2gbkcyy1.jpg

Last edited:
That one rings a bell with me. I like your plans for it. Maybe one day if you decide to sell it...?

Thanks, Mark... originally I wanted to shoot it in Egyptian Gold, but the battle scars are too ridiculous to not show off. If I ever decide to sell, you have just called dibs :)

And finally, The Dog (aka, the Dog of Frankenstein). Here what well under $600 will buy in 2016 dollars: borderline basket case 1998 CU24 #838183. Got a separate thread going on this one, but here is the standard pic.I gotta admit, there was some shade tree mechanics going on, but the previous owner kept it alive, and this old dog will still hunt. She needs a trem, right now there is a MIM Strat trem on there (lending credence to the old rumor of "Paul Smith fixes his broken guitars with foreign fender parts, then sells them on Baltimore craigslist"). Going to get a Mann NOS PRS trem for it. Already have pickups and harness from a `95 CE24 that were intended for an SE, but this is the more worthy candidate. Winged tuners all present and complete. Only other plan is to get the back reshot to the original color, and proceed to play the.... you get the idea.
DSC_0455_zps2gbkcyy1.jpg
I LOVE these stories! Props to you for "saving" her!

You're a superstar, Mark. I love your intention and dub thee a Knight of Bangin'ess for your efforts.

I am humbled. Thank you, Sir. And I still owe ya a cheesesteak for that tuner collar next time you pass by Philly :)

Back