The Oak Floor

Furtive

Knight of Bangin'ess
Consider this thread to be directly inspired/copied/stolen from ]-[ @ n $ 0 |v| a T ! ©'s "The Harem". While I may not have a harem, I uh... I got a nice oak floor! Good ol' east coast red oak, milled 70 years ago and recently refinished. To break up the monotony of numerous, nearly identical photos of my living room floor in different lighting conditions, I've added PRS guitars.

You may want to consider getting hardwood floors of your own, if you don't have them already. Environmentally friendly (well maybe the trees getting cut down feel different about it), extremely durable, and visually appealing, an oak floor can last hundreds of years, if maintained properly.

Oh yeah... the guitars. For now, a pic along with the year and model. Will add more info to each as time goes on.
1988 Classic Electric, Pearl White, 1988 Vintage Treble/Single Coil Bass
DSC_0204_zps9sxssxxo.jpg

My first impression is you don't like PRS guitars lmao...good collection...really like that tobacco burst ce ....

Lotsa good looking wood there...but you're missing a few knobs ;)

Nice collection - love the CEs and the EG especially!

Lotsa good looking wood there...but you're missing a few knobs ;)

Nice collection - love the CEs and the EG especially!

Those missing knobs... um... add to the transparency of the pickup sound. That is the story I'm sticking with until I dig the Weller out. :)

Tuesday's gone with the wind, but Furtive is here with an update to The Oak Floor! Presenting 2008 SE CU24 Whale Blue FMT. Previous owner swapped a Duncan Jeff Beck in the bridge and an unidentified neck hb. This one has (what feels like) a wide/thin neck and is loud acoustically, and the pickups sound great, but I have plans for it. Going to swap the black rings for ivory, and replace pickups/toggle with a spare HFS/VB/rotary set. Out of the SEs I have so far, this one warrants the upgrade to US parts.
DSC_0208_zpstcvwyjko.jpg

And to conclude today's update - Bernie. My first venture into PRS Singlecut territory. All stock, just... wow. The Bernie lives up to it's hype in terms of feel. Perfect weight, great neck. They must have picked nicer veneers for the Bernies; I haven't seen a bad one yet. Also have a pair of untested 1979 T Tops that might go in here.
DSC_0209_zpsvp49n5wq.jpg

Back