The New Forum Guitar Travel Itinerary

I'm in Amarillo Texas, up in the panhandle. I'd like to be in on it if possible. I can chip in some on shipping or whatever else is needed. I'm signed up for The Exp., but that's a serious longshot, so I better go some other route on this just in case.

Lloyd

It's going to visit JustRob in MD first. He's gonna prep the guitar for sigs. and put a bird on it.

As soon as I can get it prepped I'd like to setup a get together for all those in the area who are interested. Hopefully like a week or two from now.

I think I'm a couple of hours from you. Good chance I could make it.

I moved these quotes over here...

After JustRob does his work and has his get together, I'd like to get it from him and take it to our houses in Carroll County MD AND to a farmhouse in WV where my wedding will be for pics. I can then ship it to wherever it should go next - Perhaps Chris for some mods? Come to think of it - it would be cool if it was AT my wedding on the 10th of August - Can we work that into the schedule somehow????

EDIT: Everyone remember bumper stickers from you local area for the case for the 'steamer trunk treatment' !

Last edited:
Here's what I have so far. I think we have about 29 right now. Hopefully it won't be too long until it starts moving. I should have it tomorrow, and I'll get right to work.

ForumList31_zps8e5d680b.png

I picked up a potential case sticker today at one of my favorite restaurants. My daughter suggested one from another landmark-type restaurant around here - going to check out what they have.

Any other UK members interested?

Right now I'm flat broke so I can't help with any shipping, but if enough UK members are interested we could have some kind of get together or I can certainly take it to another members house if you're within a couple of hours of Manchester / Liverpool. I'm in Warrington. We'd have to make it seriously worthwhile shipping it over the pond as it would be expensive - perhaps too expensive.

I'd love to see some more overseas action on it. Consider this a list of things we would like to try to make happen. If the interest is there, I think we can get the guitar there.

If its possible, we could start a PayPal account and accept donations from those that wanna contribute but not in a guitar modification manner. When someone contributes funds we could just post a screen cap of the PayPal receipt or something so no one feels weird about appropriation. Pretty sure you can arrange FedEx shipments online via PayPal, though I've never done it...

It could just be used for shipping the guitar around...

Thoughts?

Rider1260 Aurora Illinois ( Near Sergio )
I can use my Fed Ex account to ship

Here is the updated list. If you're not on the list, and want to be , let me know. If I have anything wrong let me know.

Updated July 8, 2013
image_zps64e73755.jpg

Last edited:
Don't forget CRGTR in Nashville, TN!

Thanks Bill! :D

There are a lot of other names on Forum Guitar threads that don't appear here. I hope those guys are just watching to get on board when it comes to their area.

I must of been asleep when this thread came out. Looks like I'm too late to donate parts but if it comes my direction I will put a 100 dollar bill in the case. Is that enough to help with shipping down the road? I will pay to ship it to next guy as well. What do I need to do?

Back