The new Brazilian Rosewood Neck 408 model

docbennett

Banned
I'm down for one...April is expected delivery. Anyone else on line for this limited production model?

Final specs are due Monday, but at this point, I'm going with a quilt stoptail in Boyd Burst. That is definitely subject to change over the weekend.

Now go to my eBay site and buy all my stuff, so that i can pay for it when the bill comes!:laugh:

As far as I know it's a very limited situation....from what I was told, a dealer can get one, if they commit to buy a certain number of existing in-stock inventory from the factory. Each dealer has the opporutnity to access some, but they must qualify by buying existing inventory before a certain deadline....so I think that all the dealers who are going to be getting them will know the final numbers by the beginning of next week.

Again, with all the import restrictions...I would imagine that they are not exporting them. However, I can't imagine someone from the USA refusing to get one for our UK friends and shipping it to them upon receipt. I'd be glad to accomodate anyone across the pond, assuming that you take the responsibility of working out the specs with a dealer and identifying to them what you plan on doing with it so that there is no perception of subterfuge.

Thanks for the info, Doc. I think a private import to the UK stands little chance of getting through Customs without all the correct paperwork. The only hope would be if the UK importer could get some here, which I won't hold my breath on...

Thanks for the info, Doc. I think a private import to the UK stands little chance of getting through Customs without all the correct paperwork. The only hope would be if the UK importer could get some here, which I won't hold my breath on...

Which brings me to a related topic which no one ever answered in a prior post....is there an actual way to tell BRW from IRW or another species of rosewood? Someone mentioned swab tests???? Can this really differentiate between two similiar species of rosewood? I'm just trying to figure out how they can tell, when there is no documentation to support the fact that it is Brazilian.

Customs guys may just Google the guitar and get the specs that way? Same with MODCATs etc. The info is out there without resorting to lab tests if they know how to get it....

Man... I'd love to have one of these in a no-frills Goldtop but all of my attention is going into a double-neck.

If I don't make it a priority now, it will never happen.

Back