The Mystic.

László

Too Many Notes
This one's done with a different kind of orchestra, there are strings, but it's not symphonic. More of an ancient music ensemble is kinda the way I hear it.

The tune is more about texture than melody. It repeats and the textures vary a bit. Sometimes texture works for me. It's called The Mystic. Maybe it'll evoke some interesting images. Not my strongest work, perhaps, but I had fun creating it.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/41876/the-mystic

Last edited:
This one's done with a different kind of orchestra, there are strings, but it's not symphonic. More of an ancient music ensemble is kinda the way I hear it.

The tune is more about texture than melody. It repeats and the textures vary a bit. Sometimes texture works for me. It's called The Mystic. Maybe it'll evoke some interesting images. Not my strongest work, perhaps, but I had fun creating it.

https://persistenceofmemory.band/single/41876/the-mystic
Very cool Mr. Les! You orchestral pieces seem to go by so quickly though. A lot of music I hear for the first time, I am frustrated in the first minute or so and it takes forever to get to the end. With your stuff, it is like a float down the tonal river and the ride ends too quickly.

For this one, I hear it as a movie closer. The final scene with the heroin rising up to the sun from the ashes! As usual thanks for sharing and I look forward to the next trip down the tonal river Les! Always a great journey!

Happy composin'~
MW

Last edited:
Throw that in to a scene from Lord Of The Rings. While wandering the never ending plains of West Blah Blah Blah (Something heavily European)........ Can you picture it?

I was listening to your track and the Bridge on SiriusXM at the same timeas your track. About halfway through your song the drum track from Steely Dan's "Peg" started to ramp up. The two really worked well together I must say. Nice Job Les!

Thanks again for the kind words!

Throw that in to a scene from Lord Of The Rings. While wandering the never ending plains of West Blah Blah Blah (Something heavily European)........ Can you picture it?

That's a good one! Could work.

I could also see it in a slow-motion battle scene, the kind filmmakers will sometimes incorporate at the end of a battle film. The calmness of the music might be a counterpoint to the action on the screen.

The scene could work out well for the protagonist or not, but I think the music could work with either ending.

I'd capture a screen recording to show what I mean but it might violate someone's copyright, so I won't go there.

I was listening to your track and the Bridge on SiriusXM at the same timeas your track. About halfway through your song the drum track from Steely Dan's "Peg" started to ramp up. The two really worked well together I must say. Nice Job Les!

Now I have to check that combination out - maybe I could rework the kettle drums and dumbeks in my track...

Back