The modifications have begun! A.K.A What’s in the envelope?!

Alnus Rubra

Loving nature’s wonders
Last September my world was turned upside down (in a good way) by the amazing generosity of forum members here. Bodia (Jim) and Sergio (Sergio) were responsible for the most mind blowing day!

Recently other kind forum brothers have been donating “free swag”. Veinbuster (Peter) very kindly donated a Signature Club 2020 TRC to me, which arrived from Canada today!

Needless to say, in his words, I am wearing it well! It’s on the SE 245. I will need to make a small ebony splice to make it behave, but I think it suits the guitar beautifully!

And here’s another photo of my bonnie SE 245, sporting her new jewellery!

Thanks to everyone who made this possible and especially two guys in Chicago and one in Ontario! You guys rock!!

Guess I should really spring for some amber lampshades!

And while I’m making some TRC’s this year, maybe make some backplates for this pretty lady too!

I should also mention I’m attempting my first guitar build as well, so those I’ve promised, please be patient.

I can’t get enough of this story or this guitar.

Well lampshades would be any easy one! As I said, some back plates when I get my useless backside into gear!

She sounds so good that I’m loathed to change any hardware, because I don’t want to change the tones I’m getting through my little Mesa! You know when you strike a note and think to yourself, it doesn’t get any better so why try!!

Thanks Tim, it rings beautifully. For a solid mahogany body, it’s has an amazingly bright sound acoustically!

Everytime I look at her, I still can’t believe what happened!

Very Posh!

If you do the knobs switch, best way is pipe cleaner or shoelace under knob and pull, but I like these speed knobs too, suit it

Very Posh!

If you do the knobs switch, best way is pipe cleaner or shoelace under knob and pull, but I like these speed knobs too, suit it

Thanks for the advice. I’ve used spoons before, but the lace is less likely to leave a mark I presume.

I should add I put a cloth under the bowl of the spoon, so it didn’t mark the top!

Back