"The Mod Plan" (The New Forum Guitar)

It might be helpful to have it facing the the area were your right (picking) arm would rest. That way if people start signing in other areas first, there will be less of a chance of rubbing of signatures while people are playing it.

I stepped away for a day and now look where this is! Very much liking the blanked off bird area, how about on a slight angle, going in the same direction as the birds on the neck (for continuity) and mostly in the area under the strings? That' obviously the worst place to sign if it has strings on - sorry, just realised I am stating the completely obvious but it's after dinner here!

Anyone have beef with this guitar coming here first and then me shipping to CR in the case I'm donating?

I would just like to be able to sign the guitar itself without having to basically ship it twice...

Guess I could just sign the case...

I'll be glad to shoot before & after video if y'all want me to.

That would be really cool!

Anyone have beef with this guitar coming here first and then me shipping to CR in the case I'm donating?

I would just like to be able to sign the guitar itself without having to basically ship it twice...

Guess I could just sign the case...

I think we will have to work out a plan to save on unneeded double shipping costs, Rob (JustRob) has offered to prep the finish for signatures and will be cutting out and placing the template bird. If we can arrange for some people to sign it while it's in his locale (Maryland) and then ship it to Chris... I'm not sure how we should handle all that yet.

No, Jon you are not just signing the case. You will be signing the guitar... after you play it!!! I'll pay to ship your case if we need to do that.

I want to keep this thread open for more input for a few more days, so if anybody has one let's hear it!

+1 Sergio. PM'd Jon this, but for everyone else, I'd like to think that as a community we can get this guitar to ANY member, anywhere, so we all can be part of it. Don't sign the case unless that's what you really want to do.

I had a "duh" moment and forgot about the sanding and prepping etc...

I'll ship the case to Brian on Monday morning .

Surely the guitar will make its way south sooner or later! :)

Here are some more designs based on my interpretation of suggestions.

ForumSE7_zps7da0548f.jpg
ForumSE6_zpsaa3871d1.jpg

ForumSE4_zps0ce892af.jpg
ForumSE5_zps22593a25.jpg

Back