"The Mod Plan" (The New Forum Guitar)

Or a separate thread in the Forum? Almost like a diary of the guitars travels, since the posts will be chronological, with pics and commentary. Maybe at the end we may want to put into book form to keep with the guitar.
Yes.

Or a separate thread in the Forum? Almost like a diary of the guitars travels, since the posts will be chronological, with pics and commentary. Maybe at the end we may want to put into book form to keep with the guitar.

WHAAAATTTT???? Someone is using their BRAIN???? Is that allowed here?

Bill (chagrined that I didn't think of this... )

Hey guys, sorry for the delay but my computer issues lead me to have to do this the old fashioned way.

Ok, What if we put a bird on it? I know, totally original idea right?
So we find an image of the 12th fret bird, put that on a sticker printed on sticker paper on someone's computer, cut it out, stick that sucker on the guitar, and everybody signs AROUND it.
When all the signatures are collected we pull that sticker off and are left with a blank korina shaped bird.

Sorry for the jacked up lookin' bird but I'm not too good at drawing.

What do you think? Lame idea?

Cool idea! I can cut you out a bird if you like. I have a vinyl cutter and some vinyl. I have black or red. Sorry, no blue. :laugh:

Hey guys, sorry for the delay but my computer issues lead me to have to do this the old fashioned way.

So we find an image of the 12th fret bird, put that on a sticker printed on sticker paper on someone's computer, cut it out, stick that sucker on the guitar, and everybody signs AROUND it.
When all the signatures are collected we pull that sticker off and are left with a blank korina shaped bird.

L. O. V. E.

NOT lame.

COOL!

I love this thread!!!! all Great ideas.. I am in.. whatever I can do..

I volunteer to buy a photo album that can be packed into whatever box is used for shipping along with the guitar. If the people before me would include prints of their pics up until the time it gets to me, I'll slip them in the book and then send it on.

We should include info on the back of the prints like names and dates and locales. We should also put a max size limit on the prints like 4x5 or 5x7 so more prints will fit in the album.
Could also start a flickr page to do a digital version. You can pinpoint location to pics on there. Would be a cool place for everyone involved to have a place to look at it all. Would be important for everyone to promptly upload their pic to stay in order.

Here are some rough ideas for masking off the area to be signature free. Looking for suggestions for size and direction of the bird or any other ideas anyone might have.
ForumSE2_zpse97d9961.jpg
ForumSE3_zps037cd247.jpg

ForumSE1_zpsee0f2e19.jpg

Awesome work Rob! I agree with Mike, we should scale it down a touch.. but this is really going to be cool.

Awesome work Rob! I agree with Mike, we should scale it down a touch.. but this is really going to be cool.
Thanks. I'll make some changes. Maybe some others can put up some ideas and we can do a quick poll. I know a lot of you guys have skills. Any thought about the direction of flight?

Back