The missing piece (NGD Hollowbody 594)

hubbdub

I've finally rounded out the herd with the newest acquisition, a Hollowbody 594! The charcoal cherry burst grew on me, and since the announcement of the 2020 updates to production, I knew I had to have one. It's an early 2020 model (and hard to believe non-10 top), and I assume this one has the nitro finish, but also the Phase 3 locking tuners of pre-2020.

Took advantage of the sweetwater deal and will make a few minor changes to give a more "vintage-modern" look:
-Amber Lampshade knobs
-Amber switch-tip
-Faux Bone Tuner Buttons

This rounds out what I believe to be the "jack of all trades" collection including:
-Custom 24 (RW Neck, Ebony Board)
-Special Semi-Hollow
-Silver Sky (Maple Board)
-A55e Acoustic

A few dealer pics below:
9C0NWtH.jpg
2wwbUrC.jpg
nNbUclP.jpg

Looks like Sweetwater is making a lot of dreams come true! Great looking guitar. It sounds like you’re pretty much set for anything!

Hells yes! I'm not always a fan of that color but this one is a pure beauty, I'd snapped it up with zero hesitation. Congrats, you're gonna love it long time!

I've finally rounded out the herd with the newest acquisition, a Hollowbody 594! The charcoal cherry burst grew on me, and since the announcement of the 2020 updates to production, I knew I had to have one. It's an early 2020 model (and hard to believe non-10 top), and I assume this one has the nitro finish, but also the Phase 3 locking tuners of pre-2020.

What updates?

Sweet guitar!

What updates?

Sweet guitar!

Sorry for the confusion, for 2020 they made revisions to the McCarty Line including a Nitro finish and non-locking tuners. I believe a few of the early 2020 models got the nitro finish but kept the phase 3 locking tuners. The one I have seems to fit that scenario.

Sorry for the confusion, for 2020 they made revisions to the McCarty Line including a Nitro finish and non-locking tuners. I believe a few of the early 2020 models got the nitro finish but kept the phase 3 locking tuners. The one I have seems to fit that scenario.

Ah lol ok. My Mc594 HB II is literally in production, near final stages or being finished, hence my "scare" about "production updates". ;)

Yes, yours should be nitro finish. A number of dealers are seeing these roll in now over the past month or so. Technically if the tuners hadn't already been put on, the dealer could have asked for the "2020 vintage tuners" but the default with no input is Phase III for all long-standing pre-2020 orders. It seems PRS did a huge batch of these 594 HB II store orders including Artist Series and Wood Library over the past couple of months. I'm talking orders from over a year ago too.

And we wait..... NGD photos soon, hopefully. :cool:

Congrats!!! What a beautiful guitar.

It seems like PRS must have gotten a shipment of really nice top woods. I've seen many 10-tops that don't have the same visual appeal as that guitar. I just bought a 10-top 594. The top on mine is actually a little more visually appealing than my two other AP topped guitars.

Again, GORGEOUS guitar.

Back