The Metal is coming again!!!!

The new models are looking very nice. The new Zack Myers. There is a SE Floyd Cu24 with SE VB/HFS. S2 Cu22 with new S2 #7 pickups that looks great. New S2 single cut. The only one I looked at and said "meh" was the new SE Marty Freidman. Well done PRS. I just wonder if their going to keep the Torero, that'll be 3 Floyd equipped guitars.

Yeah I want one too. Looks like they have some new colors added as well. The obsidian finish looks cool.
Leprechaun tooth... what a funny name for a finish! I like it.

has anyone played with the uncovered \m/ yet? how does it compare to... say... a duncan distortion or duncan custom?

Last edited:
IMHO, if the Floyd Cu24 goes well, I think it would be much easier for them to consider the exact same guitar as a 7 string!
Ideal would be Floyd, \m/7 pickups and 513 birds (most metal birds ever IMHO)!!!

Oh, and the Grey black Floyd Cu24 on PRS's website looks like it has a black back and natural neck. Could the neck be just oiled?

Last edited:
They've been offering it since 2010....???

The Torero gets no love. :-(

Aside from the Floyd, there is really no comparing the SE CU24 Floyd to the Torero. Scale length, Neck thru construction, active pickups, etc. Totally different animal tone wise due to all of that.

Last edited:
But didn't they make the Torero specifically as a nod to Metal playing?
They did but I think both new versions of the CU24 will get more interest from the traditional PRS crowd since it's much closer to the spec of everything else. There isn't much about the Torero that's "PRS" except the look...well kinda.

I played a torero and liked the way it felt. I wouldn't mind one with a duncan distortion or a hot passive with a ceramic or alnico 8, but EMG's can make any good guitar a worthless chunk of wood.

Last edited:
Back